Chapter 162: Fear and Despair

(Author: Can't put this on the cover page for some reason)

———

The next morning arrived, and it was time for the first challenge of Team 6.

The challengers, a club called [Flying Leaves], arrived in front of the tower half an hour before the challenge started.

At the same time, many other students arrived at the surroundings of the tower. Most of them were here to watch the battle between two clubs in the top one hundred, but some of them came with other intentions.

Familiar faces were observing the situation, including the strongest student in the city, Mu Quan, and the second strongest student, Isabella Oriana. There were also some other famous students such as the leader of the [Martial Arts Club], the [Leader of Wings of Liberty], and the leader, who appears to be a Half-Giant belonging to a club known as [Angry Management Club], and many others.

A man named Oscar Sanders, former vice-leader to now leader of the 59th Ranking club, [Flying Leaves], looked at the Tower and sighed in admiration.

"It's truly majestic."

Surrounding the tower were 1500 of his club members which they did not reply to, but it seemed that they agreed with him.

Strangely, his club members seemed to be divided into five groups, numbering 500 individuals each, and both groups were keeping a distance from each other. It was obvious that both groups did not have a good relationship.

Unfortunately, there was nothing that Oscar could do about it.

One of the groups were the original members of [Flying Leaves], and the others were the reinforcements that he received from his ally clubs.

Most of these reinforcements, however, rarely listened to his orders. Many of them did not have any sense of belonging towards the club, so their relationship with the original members was not very good.

The truth was that some of them were as strong or stronger than him. Due to it, they did not care about his status as the leader of [Flying Leaves] very much.

The only reason they bothered to listen to him was to follow the orders of their club leaders. If not for them, they wouldn't take this seriously.

'Well, it's not like I can be picky in the current situation. With our combined force of 8 clubs, we can take all of the ranking points and get rid of these godforsaken idiots.'

The situation of his club was very bad. Weeks ago, his club leader, Chatelle Zetsumei, the Vice-President of the Student Council in Academy City's main school building suddenly vanished without a trace. With this, he and the other higher officials of the club tried to hide the information from other clubs, including their own.

Unfortunately, for numerous questions, complaints for their club members, and the rumors in the city, it got leaked, causing the club to split into two and a part of it left for another club. Due to it, [Flying Leaves] lost around a third of its strength.