Forty

Alyx's POV

My feet buried themselves in the white sand with each step. The waves crashing down on the shore, the seagulls flying above, the happy screams of children running around.

My hair flew in the wind, dark sunglasses in front of my long lashes and deep eyes. Eyebrows neatly tamed and skin surprisingly clear.

The sky bright blue, dotted with cotton clouds and the ordinary shining sun.

He walked up to me, taking my hand in his and swaying it slightly as we walked together. Ray-bans covering his eyes as well and a loose button down dangling from his broad shoulders.

I brought out hands to my lips and kissed the back of his softly. He stopped my from walking any further and pulled off his raybans.

His stunningly blue eyes contrasted with his tanned skin as he squinted at me. A small smile was evident on his face as he took both my hands in his.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He opened them seconds later and sank to one knee.

"You're the most bad-ass, fierce, stubborn and defensive woman I've ever met in my life. You're also the most caring, charming and hilarious woman I've ever met in that same life. Luckily for me, I've gotten the chance to meet you, even though the circumstances were horrible, and make you the biggest part of my life.

The first thing you ever did to me was kick me out of my seat at the school lunch table. Then you became the boss, and I was okay with it. You arranged the play dates and when we were doing this and how we did that. You helped me, with homework, my dad, Merle and anything I needed you for. I can't repay you for that.

Remember when we were 15, I got beat so bad I couldn't move or sleep or talk? You stole your dad's truck and drove me out far away to fix me up. You cleaned me and fed me and did everything for me for almost a month. Then when I was strong enough, we drove back and no one noticed I even left. But people noticed you. Especially your old man. He did stuff to you that weren't even close to what my dad did. You suffered through all of his shit and didn't tell him where you went. He starved you for days until you told him and you never did. You were so strong. You are so strong. I can never repay you.

I've asked for everything there is from you. I've asked for advice on shit like school and girls and even cars because you knew everything about all that stuff. I just want to ask you for one last thing and then I'll do everything. I'll do anything and everything for you because I am so madly and deeply in love with you.

So, Alyx Presley Johns, will you marry me?"

My eyes fluttered open slowly as the sun shone in through the windows. My arm draped across Daryl's stomach, our legs intertwined. I was extremely comfortable and didn't want to move but I really had to pee.

I gently lifted my arm of the rednecks chest and used my other arm to support all my weight as I hovered over him. In one swift motion, I was off the bed and Daryl didn't notice. I smirked to myself as I tiptoed through the cellblock until I found the bathroom. I wandered in and saw the empty showers and thought 'why not?'.

I finished my business and turned on the shower head. Clear water shot out and steadily fell to the floor. I smiled triumphantly as I stripped my dirty clothes and stepped into the path of the water. The water was cold, but it still felt amazing after not having access to clean water for so long.

I washed as much grime and blood off my slim body as I could. Removing about 4 layers of it, I was satisfied and hoped out.

I forgot about towels. I groaned in frustration as I walked aimlessly around the bathroom, looking in closets and cabinets for anything to dry me.

The sound of the door opening scared me. I jumped and ran behind a trash can nearby.

"God dammit, you scared the shit out of me." I said to Daryl as he smirked at my naked body.

"Keep that smirk off your face, Mr. Pervington." I teased with a chuckle. He pulled something from behind his back and threw it at me. I caught the blanket with ease but instead of wrapping myself in it, I rolled it up and slapped Daryl with it.

"What- Ow!" He said, flinching as I hit him repeatedly. "What are ye- stop!" He shouted.

He grabbed the towel and pulled me with it. I tripped but Daryl caught me and pulled me towards his chest.

"This ain't what I came down 'ere for but-" He started to say but I cut him off my connecting out lips in a passion filled kiss. Our lips moved together, mesmerized lips against mesmerized lips in a fiery heat.

Our hands traveled around each others body's, mine ending up in his hair and his on my back. He ran his fingertips down my spine, making me shiver under the touch.

*-*-*

oh god oh god oh god so ok

I didn't have a phone until May 30th.

I then went on a cruise June 1st

I got back yesterday

Im posting this now

I hope yall are good and happy (I added sexy time for youuuu)