Thirty-Five

She walked to school somberly. She felt numb, but deeply bruised at the same time. She wondered if her Suga would greet her today, or if the other Suga would take over. She tried to push the thoughts away, but they wouldn't go away.

"Hey!" Someone grabbed her shoulder. She turned, it was Suga. She nearly died of the relief she felt. His kind eyes were back.

"Hey." She murmured hoarsely.

"I'm sorry about-" She hugged him, cutting him off.

"It's okay." She mumbled, burying her face in his neck. She felt his body relax beneath hers, and he chuckled softly.

"Can I come over today?" He asked.

"Mhm." She nodded. He pulled away and kissed her. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and smiled.

"I can't wait." She grabbed his hands.

"Can we go to the planetarium today?" She pleaded childishly. He laughed.

"Sure, let's go." They ran into the planetarium, and laid down on the podium. She held his hand and scooted closer to him. She was tired, she had spent all night blaming people and denying the Suga she had seen.

"Do you see it?" He whispered into her ear softly. She giggled.

"What?" He leaned over, and pointed at a star.

"My favorite star." She looked at the dim, twinkling light. It was trying so hard to shine just as bright as all the others. She smiled,

"Why is it your favorite?" He cupped her face in his hands. He swiped his thumb back and forth across her cheek.

"Because, it's almost as beautiful as you. Almost." He kissed her. She snuggled herself up to him, and pressed her cheek against his chest.

He shook her awake.

"School's over." He rubbed his eyes groggily. She peeled her face off his chest.

"Really?" She yawned and stood. She stretched, several of her bones cracked satisfyingly. She sighed happily. He hugged her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Shall we go?" He yawned, and closed his eyes, pretending to sleep on her shoulder. She wriggled out of his grasp and grabbed his hands giggling.

"Come on." She laughed and pulled him along behind her. She pulled him off grounds, before letting him go.

"Bet you can't catch me!" She laughed and ran away. He caught up to her quickly. He picked her up and slung her over his shoulder. She pounded her fists against his back.

"Put me down!" She giggled.

"Nope." He carried her all the way home, she complained the entire time.

"Now seriously, put me down. My mom might be home." She commanded when they reached her porch. He laughed and set her down. She opened the door silently, and quickly pulled him into her room. She listened for a moment before speaking.

"I don't think my mom's home yet." She murmured.

"Does she know I'm here?" He asked.

"No." She shrugged.

"Am I allowed to be here?" He leaned forward.

"No." She laughed.

"Oh my god. Do I have to climb out the window again?" He groaned. She laughed.

"Maybe." She went and sat down at her window. He squeezed in across from her.

"It's pretty." He murmured.

"This?" She asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, the view, and the window. It looks like a picture in a frame." He put his hand on the window, and watched the fog form around his fingers. She leaned her head against the window.

"It's just a window." She whispered. He stayed silent. He didn't move his hand away from the window. The fog slowly receded from his fingers. His hand intruded on the picture. Like he was trying desperately to be normal, to fit in with his surroundings, to just blend.

Finally he spoke.

"I know you think my friends hate you. But they don't. I don't want you to be angry with them, I do make my own decisions. I don't-I try not to let them influence me. I'm sorry I ditched you for them. I know it was s**tty but, I just...I couldn't..." He trailed off uncertainly. She knew he wouldn't tell her. He had no idea she knew where he had gone. She felt hurt, lied to, he wouldn't tell her. But maybe she shouldn't have followed him.

"It's fine." She murmured ending the debate in her mind.

"I just want you to know they don't hate you. So if you're up to it, maybe sometime, we could all hang out? The other guys will bring their girlfriends too, so you won't be alone." He spoke quickly, trying to persuade her.

"Um..." She trailed off. She did not want to talk to his friends, she did not want to look at his friends, she did not want to think about his friends.

"Please. Just once. For me? Maybe?" He pleaded.

"Alright." She sighed and nodded.

"Thank you." He kissed her gently. He ran his fingers through her hair. She smiled and leaned her forehead against his.

"You're lucky." She breathed.

"I know." He chuckled. They stayed like that for a long time. It was comfortable, warm, homely. She heard the door open.

"Nari?" Her mother called.

"Yes?" She sighed.

"I'm gonna take a shower!" She heard her mother pound up the steps. She kissed his cheek.

"I'll get your shoes." He nodded. She went downstairs and quickly ran back upstairs. She set his shoes on the floor. She hugged him.

"Bye." She breathed. He shook his head. She laughed. He pressed on the small of her back, pulling her closer. He kissed her several times.

"You have to go!" She kept saying.

"Mhm." He murmured each time. After a while, faintly, she heard the water in the house go off. She gently pushed Suga off her.

"Time to go!" She laughed. He smiled and put his shoes on.

"Fine." He grumbled good-naturedly.

"You took too long, now you have to use the window." She giggled and pushed him out of her room. He kissed her one last time before jumping out of the window. She watched him shimmy down the drainage pipe. He kept looking up at her and smiling, looking for approval. She laughed softly, he was adorable. Halfway down, he lost his grip. He fell on his ass. She burst out laughing. She laughed so hard she couldn't breathe.

"Haha." He grumbled.

"Bye!" She waved. He stood, winced, and waved back. He blew her an extravagant kiss. He bowed and ran off. She leaned out the window and watched him go. He was so stupid.

That was her Suga, that was him.