datings; 2.09

Going on a date with Rosy Cheeks wasn't something the girl ever thought she would be doing.

But there she was, on a Friday afternoon, sitting in the passenger seat of the boy's car, with the windows down and speakers blasting Walk the Moon's album. Her feet were up on his dashboard (only after he'd reassured her it was okay at least five times) and they were both donning sunglasses and smiles.

"You're still not going to tell me where we're going?" The girl asked, after reaching over to turn the speaker's volume down.

The boy glanced over at the girl and shot her a smirk, "Now where's the fun in that, Pale Eyes?"

"Everywhere?" The girl countered. She'd always felt impatient about surprises, she hated not knowing things that involved her.

Rosy Cheeks just shook his head and laughed, his smile more radiant than she'd ever seen. And she was so happy.

"We're almost there, promise." He finally said, taking a turn at the stop sign.

She nodded and turned the music back up, finding herself singing horribly along with Nick. Despite her fears, the boy didn't laugh at her. He joined her, singing more off key than her. By the end of the song, they were both giggling uncontrollably; enjoying the wind in their hair and presence of each other.

Two songs later, the boy stopped the car at a place the girl finally recognized (she was terrible at locations). "The cliff.." She said softly.

She looked over at the boy, scanning his face. He merely nodded and unbuckled, pulling the keys from the ignition. Within a few moments, he was around to her side of the car to open the door for her. She blushed, and accepted the hand hedt outstretched for her.

Pale Eyes had expected him to let go of his grasp on her hand, but instead he smiled down at her and intertwined his fingers with hers; with his cheeks a deep pink. She looked down quickly and he opened the back seat to grab a large bag. Then the two made their way to the overlook.

"My painting doesn't do this justice." The girl whispered, tugging gently on his arm to get him to walk faster.

The boy laughed softly at her silent enthusiasm, "Yes it does. In fact, I think it's prettier." He replied, coming to a stop when they neared the edge.

The sound of the waves hitting the cliff and the rustling of tree leaves were the only things the two heard, as the stood there so still. Like they were afraid to disrupt anything.

That was, until the girl got a little impatient, released her hand from his and nudged the boy with her elbow. And he nudged her back. Starting their usual elbowing and shouldering war. It ended in more laughter, which the night so far had been filled with.

"So, Mr. Cheeks." The girl said. "What exactly are we doing on this fine mass of rock?"

The boy rolled his eyes at her jokingly. "Well Miss Eyes, I thought that you would like to.." He started, reaching inside his bag to produce a sketchbook and pencil bag. "Do some sketching with me."

The girl nodded with wide eyes, already knowing exactly what she wanted to draw. And the boy hoped that someday, he could make her as happy as art did.

The two then helped each other set up a comfortable sitting area, after the boy pulled a blanket from the bag and then ran back to his car to grab pillows from the trunk. She turned her phone's playlist on and they formed a fort of sorts, where they plopped down on together, nearly shoulder to shoulder as they gazed out across the water and trees off to the sides of their vision.

Soon they got lost in their little words, but for once they were lost together in their new universe. One that they'd begun to build en masse.

When the sky's blue color began to fade into oranges, reds and pinks, they reluctantly began to pack their art supplies up. Once they'd finished, the girl sat with her head resting on the boy's shoulder, with his arm resting behind her, as she enjoyed the setting sun over the water. The boy would've been doing the same, but he couldn't keep his eyes off the girl.

Soon, she caught him staring, and she blushed up at him. "Is there something wrong?" She asked quietly.

The boy shook his head quickly. "No." He answered. "It's just, you look so beautiful."

Without realizing, the girl leaned in to him, and so did he. And he cupped her cheek lightly before pressing his lips against hers. She kissed him back just as soft, her fingers gripping his arm. Then the two pulled back, breathless, and rested their foreheads together.

The two sat there, until the sun fell completely below the horizon, wrapped in each others arms, feeling drunk in each others presence.

Nothing could drag them away from that moment, that they'd both remember forever.

_________

Bella's note: hehe :D Tell me what you think

Question of the chapter: What's your favorite published book and what's your favorite wattpad book?

I cannot choose for either. But some of my favorite published are "Red Queen", "The Selection" trilogy and "Ruins" (which I can't remember the author name or series I'll find it later)

For on wattpad, I honestly have no idea. I have so many favorites! "Nightlight" by storiesandstarbucks, "Saving Elliot", and so many more ;-;

Its so late and I've honestly just screwed the whole last week of school lol. I've also been playing The Neighbourhood's albulm "I Love You."  all day and I LOVE IT!!

-xx

(P.s. my guy friend that I'm crushing on is being so cute and idk what to do still)