Illèa Weekly: Leila Prude

"My name is Leila Anne Prude, and I'm from Fennley. I grew up in an orphanage with my sister, Jazzlyn. I'm eighteen years old, and I worked part time in a retail store. I love gardening, which is where my love of flowers comes from.

My dress is a one strapped dress with a tapered skirt. The skirt cuts off diagonally, the way a calla lily would. The yellow represents the core of the flower, and there's fabric falling openly on my shoulder to represent another flower. My belt is tied with twining vines."

What would your life had been like before the selection?

"I would be working at the retail store, hopefully promoted to a manager. It was always a dream to be a stylist or designer, but I had to be realistic to support my little sister when we had to leave the orphanage."

What are some of your hobbies?

"When I was back home, I loved gardening. I grew a vegetable garden in the backyard with the other girls in the orphanage to help try and provide for myself, and I ended up enjoying it very much."

Who is your favorite designer?

"Well, I actually didn't know that many fashion designers. I do, however, know my maids do a fantastic job making my dresses for the selection! They're such lovely ladies, and I could definitely see them making a name for them in the fashion industry."

Who is your best friend at the palace?

"Definitely Kiara or Elisa. They're always so nice, and I can relate to them. Elisa stood up for when I was being bullied for my caste, but I haven't seen much of her due to previous events. Kiara has treated me like a sister ever since we met."