Illèa Weekly: Pepper Evans

"My name is Pepper Janette Evans, and I'm from Tammins. I'm going to turn seventeen this January. My inspiration for this dress comes from my state flower, the sunflower. I am honored to represent my state in the selection, and I'm proud to have made it this far.

I decided to represent this flower with a trumpet style dress, with black beading on the bodice to represent the seeds inside the middle of a sunflower. The short petals flow from my knees to the ground, represented by multiple layers of fabric. I love this dress because it reminds me of the sunflower field I played in when I was little."

How do you feel about being the youngest selected member?

"I don't think it hinders my participation. Love doesn't have an age limit, the selection does. Luckily, my letter arrived a few months after my birthday."

What do you miss most about Tammins?

"Well, I miss my family and friends. I'm so excited to have them here for the Elite ball, though! The only one who can't come was my border collie, Candi."

What is your favorite thing about the palace?

"The people. Everyone there is so lively, and everything is always upbeat. It rarely rains in Angeles, which is perfect for me. I love the sunny weather and atmosphere!"

Are you friends with the Elite members?

"Yeah, totally! I feel like I've definitely made best friends for life, and I absolutely love the girls! They're all amazing!"