In the Dark

The darkness falls, a shroud so deep, As the creatures of the night begin to creep. Their eyes aglow, with an eerie light, As they slink in the shadows, out of sight.

A rustling sound, a whisper of wind, A chill runs down your spine, within. Your heart beats fast, as fear takes hold, And you know you're alone, so cold.

The shadows dance, a twisted waltz,
As the creatures move with stealth, so false.
Their claws scrape against the ground,
A macabre symphony, without a sound.

You try to run, to find a way out, But the darkness grips you, it knows no doubt. It whispers to you, in a voice so low, A haunting melody, of woe.
And then you see it, a shape so vile, A monster's form, with a twisted smile. Its eyes meet yours, a chilling sight, As it moves in closer, with all its might.
You scream and plead, but it's too late, The creature's grip, it seals your fate. Its teeth sink in, a searing pain, As you feel yourself start to wane.
The darkness claims you, a victim to its might, As the creatures of the night take flight. Your screams echo, through the empty air, A warning to all, to beware.
So if you venture out, in the darkness of the night, Remember this warning, with all your might. For the horrors that lurk, are beyond compare, And once they find you, they won't let you spare.