59

I wake in the morning, or afternoon to an unearthing silence. I don't hear Tobias breathing, I hear nothing. Not even myself. I open my eyes, Tobias isn't there. I slam my hands to my ears and I can. hear myself again finally, breathing.

"Tobias?" I whisper. I don't know why my surroundings make me want to be quiet but it's not a good thing. "Tobias?" I say slightly louder this time. "Where are you?!" I say even louder, but only the loudest I dare to say. I begin to panic, my eyes begin to water and I release my tears, in a desperate plead, I call him again. "T-Tobias?" My voice is quite and my crying makes my voice hoarse. I lay back onto the bed and cry into the covers. The covers smell of him. I can't leave without him but today's the day, I need to go back to the kids. With Tobias.

"Tris?" The voice calling my name confuses me, it's muffled because of the covers that I have pulled around my ears. "Tris?" It repeats. Amar. He knows my name. I look up from the covers, my face tear stained. Tobias. I lean up and pounce into his arms, I breathe in his scent, and I'm so glad of it. He's here, with me and he's safe and wet. Wet? I pull away from him slightly, noting he has no shirt on and his skin is wet. He's been in the shower. I panicked for nothing. I panicked for nothing.

"Tris, are you okay?" I nod then collapse back onto his chest. I hug him tighter by the second. "Tris-"

"I love you." I say in a sudden burst. "I love you, so much." His arms tie around me.

"Yeah, I know Tris." He didn't say it back. "What's wrong?" He wipes an area on his chest, where I left him wet because of tears.

"I-It's stupid...It doesn't matter." I say, and he squeezes me under his grip. It's comforting.

"If you say so, Tris." He kisses the top of my head, and I let the left over tears fall. When they're gone, I wipe my eyes with my hands and kiss Tobias. "I love you, Tris." He says. That's better. "I'm gonna go find some clothes to put on, okay?" I nod and he disappears into the walk in closet. And I'm alone again. I gently knock on the door of the closet.

"I'm going to shower." I say quietly but loud enough so he hears.

"Okay, Tris." He says, as if he's struggling. I walk off, into the end suite and shower.

When I get out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my body and walk into the room. Tobias is talking to someone. I peek my head around the corner, to see and it's Amar.

"So, Tris eh?" Amar says. One of the moves to pick something up.

"Yeah, my wife." Tobias says, I smile a little. Wife.

"Ah, you two are married? Already?" He seems shocked.

"Yeah, I've known her a while, Amar. We have kids together."

"Kids?" Amar laughs and I keep listening. "All a bit soon don't you think?"

"Eh...no." Tobias says quietly. "Twins, Nic and Em." He adds on.

"Well anyway, less of the chitchat. When Tris is ready, we need you two to come with us."

"Us?"

"Yeah, some acquaintances of mine." He shrugs. We're going home. "Tris has brought us special attention." What did I do?!

"What d'you mean?"

"Natalie Prior. Her mother, she belongs here. Andrew, Tris and Caleb were not part of our plan." Amar says calmly. I'm confused. What plan?

Mum. What has she done?

I go back into the en suite and search the closest for any clothes there is. There is a blue blouse, grey pants and a white lab coat. I sigh and put back on my Dauntless clothes. They are dirty but they'll have to do.

Once I'm sure Amar is gone, I come out of the en suite and look at Tobias. He changed into the lab uniform that were in here.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"We need to stay."

"No, we have to go. Nic and Em, you forgotten them?"

"No, but they know us... This must be important-"

"No! No Tobias."