Chapter 63

Madelaina:

A few weeks have passed since Lucas came back and besides his separate classes and a few hours here and there, he's spent all of his time with me.

I know those hours are spent with the boys, planning whatever it is that they're going to do to the people who hurt me. But I mean it when I say I don't want a part in it. I want them to hurt, yes. However, I'm happy with my boyfriend taking the revenge for me. He'll definitely do a better job at it than me, that's for sure.

I can tell whenever he's thinking about it. His eyes get darker and he goes quieter. His fists clench and his answers are shorter. But if anything, it makes me love him even more. It shows that he truly cares.

It happened just a bit ago. We were sat lounging in my library when I noticed. And so, I decided to distract him.

It was just a little kiss. Barely a peck, really. But when his eyes widened and he turned to face me, it didn't take long for him to come in for more. So, for the past half an hour or so, I'm not entirely sure, time sort of lost its concept once we started, we've been kissing and... well, let's just say I successfully took his mind off of whatever murderous thoughts he was having.

Now, we're lay back on the sofa by the fireplace on the second floor. Me underneath him and both of us breathing heavily.

"Fuck." He groans into my neck when my phone begins to ring.

I laugh and push him away, reaching over to the table to retrieve it.

He pulls me onto his chest and reads the caller name.

"Don't." He gives me a stern look.

I smile and press answer.

He groans again.

"Hey." I greet Althea.

"Hey- Ugh, what is he doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Reyes."

"Suck my dixk, Agosti."

"How are you friends with her?" Luca questions at the same time Thea asks, "How are you dating him?"

"Both of you stop it." I sigh and lean into Lucas's chest. "What's up?"

"He's staying?"

"Don't worry. Angel tells me about all of your relationship issues, anyway."

"We don't have relationship issues."

"Sure you don't."

"Used to. We used to. It's all sorted now. He didn't tell you that?"

"No, he did. But I'll be waiting for the day he calls to inform me about your raging possessive problems and inability to solve an argument without childish silent treatment."

"Oh my god, you guys are like siblings. Can we please get to whatever it is you wanted to tell me?" I huff. These two are insufferable together.

"Fine." They both agree.

"I was just calling to ask if you wanted to go out to dinner with me and Angel. And, I guess you can bring your dog with you."

"Dog? I don't have a-" And then it clicks. "Right." I roll my eyes, just catching the middle finger Lucas points at her on their way down and smacking his hand away.

He relents and slides it under my sweatshirt, resting it on my stomach.

"We'll be there. What time?"

"Eight? Dressy casual. I'll text you the place."

"Okay."

"Bye."