46

EMERY DIDN'T GO HOME that night. One, because she didn't want to and two, a certain hybrid suggested that she stay with him.

The witch didn't refuse for she didn't want to return back there either. The last thing she wanted was to get questioned by Elena.

Damon had sent her a text a few minutes after he had left, the text said, 'I'm sorry, you were never part of the plan. I promise.' Emery didn't bother replying. She was pissed at him and he needed to know that.

As the witch stepped out of the bathroom with his shirt and a pair of his boxers on since she hadn't exactly brought clothes with her, she found Klaus sitting on the bed, toying with the chain around his neck.

He looked up, a smile reaching his lips at the sight of the witch. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," she muttered, frowning at her own answer which, weirdly, wasn't a lie. Despite the fact that she had used her magic earlier, she only felt weak for a couple of seconds. As soon as she consumed Klaus's blood, she felt as normal as ever. But she knew it wouldn't last.

The hybrid narrowed his eyes at her, "are you sure?"

When she nodded, Klaus stood up and walked towards her before wrapping his arms around her, one hand going to settle on her back while the other one tangling in her hair as he exhaled. He had never been so scared of losing someone before. When he saw Emery being stabbed, he felt as if his whole world had stopped. He hadn't realized how much the witch meant to him until what happened. He knew he couldn't lose her— not now, not ever.

Emery relaxed in his hold, her head against his chest as she could hear his steady heartbeat. She closed her eyes, wrapping her own arms around his waist.

Seconds later, she felt Klaus place his lips on the top of her head as he whispered, "I can't lose you. I don't want to."

She felt her throat suddenly dry up at his words. She didn't want that either. Jenna's words came ringing in her head but she pushed them away. Instead of telling him the truth, she pressed her lips against his chest, "me neither."

Klaus tightened his hold around her for a few seconds before he pulled away, but not completely. They were standing close to each other, their eyes locked in an intense gaze. The  tension between them could be felt, as though they were both waiting for something to happen.

Impatient, Klaus reached out and cradled her face face in his hands, pulling her closer to him. She responded by wrapping her arms around his neck, drawing him even closer to her. Their lips met in a soft, tentative kiss at first, but it quickly grew deeper and more passionate. They explored each other's mouths with their tongues, their bodies pressed tightly together.

The kiss seemed to go on forever, and the electricity between them could be felt as they finally break apart, gasping for breath. They look at each other, both of them dazed by the intensity of the moment.

He kissed her again, his time harder than before. He bit on her lower lip, nibbling and sucking, right before he plunged his tongue inside her mouth. Emery took a few steps backwards at the intensity and before she knew it, the back of her knees were hitting the edge of the bed. She tightened her grip around him so she wouldn't fall as he continued to dominate her mouth, not bothering to stop to breathe.

Without thinking much into it, Klaus took a step forward making Emery fall on the bed, her back hitting the soft mattress. The hybrid didn't stop kissing her and hovered over her, his hand on either side of her to hold himself up, his knees going in between her legs.

When he finally decided to stop, he stared down at her and smirked at her flushed face, wide eyes and swollen lips. He was certain he looked the same. For a while, neither of them moved or said anything. They just stared at each other, different thoughts running through their minds.

The sexual tension between them was palpable. Every movement, every breaths were waves of desire crashing through them both. They knew that they should probably slow down and take things easy, but the chemistry between them was too strong to resist.

With a small groan, Klaus leaned in to kiss her again, the kiss slower and quicker than the previous ones before he trailed his lips to her jaw down to her neck where he began to suck on her tender skin. He ran his tongue on her pulse then traced her collarbone while she clung to him, biting her lip so hard that it began to bleed as she attempted to prevent any sound from leaving her.

It wasn't until she felt his hands begin to wander when she couldn't take it anymore. She wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him closer. She groaned when she felt him press against her. He softly bit her neck to prevent a moan from leaving him at her sudden action.

"We should stop," he mumbled against her neck as her fingers began toying with his dirty blonde locks. The witch sighed, knowing he was right. He placed one last kiss against her neck before pulling himself off her.

She lied there, breathing heavily at the intensity of the moment. She knew she couldn't take it further than that— not yet. Not when he didn't know everything about her. She'd feel guilty about the entire thing. She didn't want him to grow closer to her only for him to leave in the end. It sounded selfish which was why she needed to tell him about it. She just needed the right opportunity.

"Go sleep," Klaus bent down to kiss her again as if he couldn't get enough of her. "I'll take a shower and be right back."