47

"LOOK WHO WE have here," Klaus whispered in Emery's ears once they walked in the Mystic Grill with Tony, one of Klaus's hybrids.

Emery looked at where Klaus was staring to find Damon and Elena standing there, conversing. She sighed, turning to Klaus, "don't do anything stupid."

"I'll just talk," Klaus pursed his lips, giving her an innocent stare as he added, "throw in a little warning along with a threat—"

"— warn, threaten them, hit them," Emery muttered, "just don't kill them." Both Klaus and Tony flashed her amused looks resulting in her raising her brows, "what?"

"Beat him?" Tony repeated with a small chuckle. Emery smiled at him, "Damon can heal himself and Elena. They'll be fine. Go on."

Tony wasn't at all bad, Emery had gotten to know him a few minutes ago. He wasn't much of a talker but he was nice to have around.

Klaus breathed out a chuckle at her as he began walking towards Elena and Damon, his hand clasped tightly around hers.

"Ah, ah—" they heard Elena say as they approach the two, "I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm saying this is my least favorite one."

"Noted," Damon smirked, "see if I can make any improvements."

"Don't mind me," Klaus decided to cut in their conversation making them both turn to look at him, Elena's eyes widening, "Klaus." Her eyes then flickered to the witch, "Em? What are you doing with him?"

Emery shrugged, "you don't wanna know."

Klaus but his lip at her answer as he lifted his arm to throw around her neck while still holding her hand. Elena's eyes widened at what she was seeing, "you're— you're— You betrayed us!"

"Wow," Tony chuckled, making his presence known, "she wasn't kidding when she said you're dramatic as fuck."

"You gonna do this in the Grill?" Damon narrowed his eyes at Klaus, "In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

"I don't know what you are talking about," Klaus feigned innocence, "I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with my girl and a mate."

It was only then that Elena allowed herself to take a good look at Tony who was apparently the jogger that was following her earlier that morning.

Klaus smiled at the clear shock stretched upon Elena's features, "get a round in, would you Tony?"

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour."

"My sister seems to be missing," Klaus informed, "need to sort that out."

"Cute blonde bombshell, psycho," Damon raised his brows, "shouldn't be too hard to find."

"Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town," Klaus spoke,
"think I might fancy a home here. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word."

"What more could you possibly want?"

"Well for starters," Klaus began, "you can tell me where I might find Stefan."

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass," Damon informed with bitterness in his tone.

"Well you see that is a shame," with his free hand, he threw a dart and hit bullseye, beginning to lose patience.
"Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem," Elena scoffed making him take a step closer only to smile when Damon quickly stepped forward, ready to defend Elena.

"Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart," with that, he turned around and was about to walk away when Damon's hand quickly reached out to grab Emery's making both her and Klaus stop.

They turned around, Klaus's jaw going slack at Damon's action. Emery raised her brows at her friend, "what is it?"

"You don't have to go with him, Em,
just come—"

"— no. I don't think you people understand so let me make this clear," Emery interrupted, her eyes flickering between Damon and Elena, "I'm not doing anything against my will here, okay? Witches can't be compelled. All of this? I'm doing it because I want to. If you can't accept that, then don't. But stop pretending like I'm in need of saving because I'm not."

Elena gasped, "he tried to kill me— hell, he did kill me!"

The witch stared at her in disbelief, "for fuck's sake, Elena, this isn't about you."

"It's not but—" Elena glanced at Klaus who was staring at her in half-amusement and half-annoyance. "He killed Jenna! He made Stefan turn off his humanity! He turned Tyler into a hybrid—"

"Jenna is fine," Emery cut her off, ignoring the surprised look she received from the doppelgänger, "how do you know that?"

"She came to see me the other day," the witch replied with a shrug, "oh and Tyler is happy."

"He's still evil," Elena argued.

"Well," Emery glanced at the older Salvatore then back at Elena, "Damon messed with Caroline's head, compelled her around, killed Lexi, killed Jeremy once and not to mention several other shit he's done before. Yet here you are, calling Klaus evil when Damon's not so far away. And you're messing around with him. You're selfish, Elena. You've always been." She looked at Damon, "no offense."

"Oh, offense taken but I'll let it slide," Damon rolled her eyes at his friend,
"Just be safe, okay?"

Emery only nodded at him. Before Elena could speak, she turned around and walked away, practically dragging a highly amused hybrid with her.

___________

It's almost 5 am. Idk what I'm doing– I should probably sleep 💀😭