am i more the sum of every high and every low

Summer holidays were over and school started again. The tripplets were in daycare even during the holidays somedays, because Maya and Carina had to work, but not that much, their scedules being a little more open. Now they got back into a routine.

Nina was very nervous about her first days in highschool. I was however fine. She had most of her classes with her friends and most of her teachers were okay. Her highschool had a focus on languages and because she had already learned english and german in middle school, she picked those up aswell adding a voluntary italian course. It was just for fun, she didn't need the credits and so she didn't have any pressure in learning. She just thought it would be fun and usefull als Carina spoke italian to the tripplets sometimes and she wanted to be able to understand her aswell.

September ran past them like nothing and soon it was October, which ment Ninas 15th birthday was nearing. Nina was very excited, but also not really sure of what to expect. Her birthday was on a sunday, which wasn't to practical.
Carina had an idea and two weeks before her special day she knocked on Ninas door. "Come in." Nina said. She was doing homework, as Carina pulled a chair next to her. "Hey. I wanted to ask you, what you want to do for your birthday?" "Hm? I don't know." Nina sighed. "I never really celebrated it." "But would you like to?" Carina asked "I would." "Your birthday is a sunday so its not practical to celebrate in the evening, because you have school the next day." Nina nodded. "But how about you invite your friends for a sleep over, saturday to sunday. You can stay up until midnight and then celebrate." "That would be great. But i don't want to make to much work for you and Maya." "Never, Bellina." Carina smiled. And we can celebrate with the station family and grey sloan people the weekend after. Mayas Mum is coming." Nina had only seen Kathrine Bishop over video calls. "Thats cool. But seriously don't make yourselfs to much work. I am happy, that i am here. A year ago i would have told people, they had lost their brains, if they told me this would be my life right now." Carina rubbed Ninas back. "I know. But we love you and we want to make you feel special." "Thank you. For everything." "So sleep over? You can use the spareroom in the cellar. We can hang un stringlights and put airmattresses in and you can watch a movie, i am sure someone can borrow us a projector. It'll be like in the cinema." Ninas eyes lit up. "That would be awesome."

The evening came and Carina and Nina had prepared everything. Kai and Maya had installed LED strips around the room and thin cloths to hang from the celing like a tent. It looked magical. The evening was great. The ate pizza and watched Harry Potter with Deans projector. At midnight there was a knock on the door and Maya and Carina came in with a big cake. The teens had already eaten so much candy and popcorn, but the cake was amazing and so they each ate eventhough they were full. They sung for Nina and Maya and Carina squezzed her tightly. "Happy Birthday, Bellina." Carina wispered in her ear as she held her tightly. "We have something for you." Nina looked around. "We had to promise Meena that you would open the presents in the morning so she could watch." "You don't have to get me presents. This is enough." "We do, Bellina. You deserve it." Carina squezzed Ninas hand. "This is not a present. Its a question." "A question?" Nina was confused by Mayas statement. Nina pulled a paper out of the envalope.

"By Washington state law, Katherina ("Nina") Westerman is herefore adopted by Carina Lucia Deluca-Bishop and Maya Rose Deluca-Bishop." 

Nina read the words, but her brain wouldn't work. "What? That...I.." she stared at Maya and Carina and they just nodded. "Oh my god.... Yes..." Nina couldn't stop the tears anymore. She was so happy. "We love you, Bellina and we want you in out family forever." "I want...that..too." Ninas sobbed in the embrace of her moms. Her friends smiled and celebrated for her, but she was just utterly overwhelmed. She wanted to stay in her moms embrace for ever. "I love you, Mamma." She said and squeezed Carinas hand. "And i love you, Mommy." She said and squeezed Mayas hand. "We love you, too. Bellina our daughter." Carina said sobbing aswell.

The rest of the party was fun. The teens fell asleep around 3 and didn't wake up until 11am the next day. They were spent, but they had the best evening ever. Nina spent the day in a bliss state. She couldn't stop hugging her moms and sisters. They spent the rest of the day as family and had spagetti Bolognese for dinner. Per request of their oldest daughter.

Meeting Kathrine Bishop was something else. Nina was nervous to meet Mayas mother. But it turned out to be nothing like she expected. Kathrine opened up completely to her grandchildren and especially Nina. They would hang out a lot together. Kathrine would tell Nina about Maya as a kid and show her pictures. One made Nina laugh especially hard. It showed Maya a little older than the tripplets only wearing panties and with white dods all over her body. She had the chicken pox and Kathrine had put cream on her sore spots and that made her look very funny. "Mom, why are you doing that?" Maya asked, as they filled her in why they were laughing so hard. "Because you were very cute as a toddler." Kathrine said.

Maya was happy that Kathrine was so good with the girls, she enjoyed seeing her kids play with their grandmother and the extra hours of sparetime with Carina were definatly a plus. Still it pained Maya to see, what a great mother Kathrine could have been, if it wasn't for Lane.

When Maya saw Kathrine help Meena and Louise solve a conflict in a gentle and loving way, she couldn't keep it together anymore. She left Ellie in the sandbox. Kai and Maya had built a playstructure with two regular swings and a nestswing. A tower with a slide and a sandbox, which Ellie loved so much, she would physically fight you if you tryed to get her out. Maya had been playing with her, but seeing her mom like that was too much. "I'll be right back." She ran inside and past Carina, who could immediatly tell that something was wrong. Mayas face was tense and her posture was ridgit as she ran up the stairs. Carina put the drinks she had made out on the porch and followed Maya. It was tuesday and Nina was at school, so she knew the sobs and silent crys had to be from Maya.

"Bambina?" Carina asked. "Hey. Hey Hey. Whats wrong?" Maya turned to her and snuggled in her embrace. "She is so good with the girls." Maya sobbed. "She is so good, and i love that. That the girls have their grandma and that she plays with them and helps them and everything. But she never did that for me. She never held me when i tripped or helped Mason and I with a conflict. She didn't yell at us, but she shushed us and invalidated our hurt and let Lane yell at us and insult us. 'suck it up, Maya or your dad will be mad.' thats what she said, when i was throwing up all night." Carina rubbed her back and rocked her back and forth. "I know, it hurts. I am here." "I want to try to forget, she has been so great since she left Lane. She is trying and she is doing well, but somehow, that hurts more. Because she had in in her. The gentle and the loving." Carina kissed Mayas forehead. "You can forgive but not forgett. You can have her in the girls lifes and in your adult life, but not forgett about you childhood." Maya nodded and cuddled into Carina. Her face puffy and her nose snotty. "Maya, blow your nose please." Maya chuckled. "Now you sound like a mom." Carina gave her a tissue. "Take your time." She said and kissed Mayas forehead once again. Maya sayed in her bed for a few more minutes,  then washed her face and went back outside to play with her daughters.

An: HAPPY EASTER. 
I am currently at our childrens church easter service. And for the first time since i was like 4 i am not in the play. But i am still watching, because now there are a lot of new tiny kids and its really cute.
So may the baptised food taste well, may you find your baskets fast, may you and your family spend some nice time together and eat good food.