Chapter 20: The Consequences

"Sometimes I can't see myself when I'm with you. I can only just see you."

- Jodi Lynn Anderson

(Unedited)

Manhattan, New York.

Penthouse, Grand Carlston Hotel

[Rafael POV]

"BELLA!!!" I cried out and caught her before she landed on the floor. I didn't realized that Kristela was sleeping in my bed until I lay Bella on the bed. I quickly called Patrick. I was shaking as I tried to wake her up. She looks so pale.

"Who is she Rafael?" Kristela's snappy tone dragged me out of my trance. She was naked. I checked myself and I was wearing my boxers. I don't know how she end up sleeping in my bed. I passed out and definitely I'm not in condition to have sex with her.

Dammit! She's sneaky!

"GET OUT KRISTELA AND NEVER COME BACK!!" I shouted angrily pointing to the door. I don't care if she drove me here last night but taking advantage of my unconsciousness last night wasn't good. I was gritting my teeth.

She picked up her dress and slip it on silently. Then she turned on me after picking up her clutch.

"I came back because I still love you Rafael. I regretted everything that I did. I missed you so much and you were far away,... long gone and Lucio was there to cheer me up. I don't know how it happen but believe me.. I was so sorry. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.." she elaborated softly. I wasn't really paying attention. I was hearing her but not listening. My whole system was on Bella. I won't ever forgive her and myself if something terrible happened to her. I stood up and face Kristela.

"Just get the hell out of my life Kristela. Everything between us is over. I'm over you.... long time ago!!" I spit out controlling my temper not to grab her and throw her out of my place.

"You can't say that Rafael. I know I have hurt you so much. But that doesn't mean you already forgotten your love for me. Because until now, you still owe my heart..... I still believe your heart is still mine!" she cried out bitterly. Then all of a sudden, she burst out crying. I scoffed and glared at her.

"Deal with it Kristela. I love Clara Bell so much. She has my heart and I'm going to marry her. Just leave me at peace." I spat angrily, looking at her coldly. If eyes could kill, she would be frozen to death by now.

"No! I don't believe you Rafael!!" she insisted shaking her head while her tears was pouring down her cheeks. I ignored it. My temper was flaring up.

"Just.get.out!" I said between gritted teeth. I'm done with her drama.

Then finally when she saw how determined I look, she left slumming the door hard. I was too worried with Bella that I didn't see the smirk plastered in her face.

----{{@}}----

[Kristela POV]

Kristela thought she finally had him but she was extremely wrong. She thought she had played this games before, and she just knew how to win it and she is determined to win him. The love that she had for Rafael was still as potent as before and she always dreamed of their love once they had shared to be rekindled and maybe married and have their own family one day.

She definitely regretted betraying him. But she promised herself to win him back, that's why she made sure to get the job offered from the Valiente company. When she saw him again, she was so happy. Her fervent longing on winning him back became very powerful to the extent of whoring herself around to get what she wants and to get closer to him.