Chapter 22:

Jazmine

"I should beat your ass." I said to Jay mushing his shoulder to wake him up.

I have been bitching at him all last night and it's the next day and I'm still going. He pissed me off with that shit he pulled yesterday.

"Jazmine, shut the hell up already." He said turning away from me.

"No, make me slap the shit outta you. Got my daughter all sad because you wanna be on ya petty overprotective dad shit. You should be happy for her. What if Karma wouldn't have ended up with Brandon and was to have had a dude that cheated on her constantly? Had kids with a dude and he didn't give a shit about any of them, then what?" I ask.

"I would kill the mothafucka." He said without hesitation.

"Exactly, but she didn't get that. She has a man that takes care of her and their kids. A man that loves her as much as she loves him. A man that wants to marry her! Fuck are you mad for when you should be happy for her! Karmen tried to cover it up last night, but you hurt her feelings."

He sighed. "That's my only baby girl."

She sighed. "I know that Jay, we all know that, but that doesn't make it okay. She's in good hands and you know it you just don't wanna admit it."

.....

*

Karma

We wasted no time moving our things into the new house. I was too hype, I wanted everything asap, and Brandon had no problem making that happen. Since we didn't need to move any furniture it was faster than it would have been. It took damn near all day, but we got it done with the help of our movers. The girls loved the house just as much as I did. They were too excited about their new rooms, but of course they were already in our room right now taking a nap like they don't have their own beds.

I was looking around the house since I really didn't get the chance to yesterday. I fell even more in love with the house and everything about it. Plus my mom did a great job on decorations and furniture.

"A basketball court? Of course. I didn't even notice this yesterday." I said as me and Brandon walked the backyard towards it. "We gotta buy basketballs. I want a customized pink one. Is that even possible?"

He shrugged. "Probably. Only girl I know that likes basketball, yet girly as fuck."

"What other bitches you know, huh?" I ask.

I laugh as he gives me a blank face. "Crazy as fuck for no reason."

"Nah, that's true tho. Oh yeah, ya mom sent me a picture I meant to show you. It was me and you when we were like six all posed up. I was that little girl that wore dresses and sandals, hair all cute just to run around with the guys. I had older brothers tho, so shit." I shrugged.

"That's true." He said wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"You know you can come to me about anything right?" Brandon asks as we sway together walking the basketball court.

"Yeah."

"Then why were you crying in the shower instead of coming to talk to me?"

"I wasn't." I lied.

"Yeah, you were. You locked the damn door knowing I hate that shit. So do you not wanna marry me?"

"You know that's not even it. I wanna marry you. I hate crying and I just I didn't expect that reaction from my dad and it hurt my feelings that he can't be happy for me, happy with me. I think every daddy's girl wants her dad's approval. You would think he would respect more than anything that you actually asked him instead of just doing."