(C15)

Vivian Grey

I groaned at the constant itch my nose had, making me lift my hand and scratch it, but it would always come back, forcing me awake.

I blinked my eyes opened and squinted at the fluffy white thing blocking my eyesight, with my eyes more focused I noted the long white strands that ended in fluffs, my brows furrowed in confusion. I heard a deep chuckle and looked around the feather which was being held by the culprit. Zaliver was kneeling next to my side of the bed with an amused smile on his face, I immediately wanted to smile at him, but the memories from last night resurfaced.

I pursed my lips at him, not saying anything. His smile fell a little but he didn't say anything about it. My stomach growled at the scent of fresh streaming food close by, pulling the large feather away from my face he revealed one of those small bed tables on me with breakfast on it, as well as a single red, rose. I glanced at Zaliver with a raised brow.

"Good morning beautiful, breakfast in bed to start your morning." He murmured softly at me, his eyes gazed at me with fresh excitement and joy. I might have been angry, but I wasn't rude.

"Thank you," I said not look him in the eyes as I picked up the fork to begin eating. I wasn't really hungry because I had just woken up and then there was the fact that Zaliver's stare was unnerving. I hated when people stared at me when I ate, almost as if hearing my thoughts he lifted his eyes from my face and reached for a strand of hair which seemed to captivate his attention until I was full, by then he had figured out how to properly braid one strand after many failed attempts, I didn't even ask why he was trying to braid.

"Is that all you're going to eat?" He asked, his tone concerned, I nodded at him, he looked at me for a long time before sighing and nodding. He sat by my legs and moved the food to the floor.

We sat there in a few moments of silence. I knew that I was mad over his actions, that I was boiling at how and what he did, but I didn't feel mad. I was in that scary calm mode, the one where you feel so much that you feel nothing like a giant black hole sits in your chest and you can't decide whether it's an empty black hole or if it's so cluttered with things that they all blurred.

"I'm sorry." He said sincerely, his hand laying on the top of my thigh.

"I know." And it was true, his emotions shadowed mine in a sense, but his were a different type. He didn't regret his actions, he was just sorry I didn't like them.

I really needed time to sort my thoughts and figure out what would happen, but I wanted to do that by myself. I pushed the covers off of me and stood, Zaliver following my lead and looking at me with watchful eyes as I moved around the room, I went into the bathroom and changed into black jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.

"What are you doing?" He asked coming to stand behind me when I bent to tie my shoes, I tried to resist both urges to roll my eyes at him for his not so discreet way to get the lower half of his body with mine and to do exactly so and tease him a bit. After I finished I stood and backed away from him, needing room, needing to stay clear-headed before his scent completely overcame my senses and the bond began to push me to stay.

"I'm going for a walk." I pulled my hair into a ponytail, noticing how fast it was growing.

"I'll go with you." He was already looking for his shoes.

"No. Alone," I said turning to face him, looking at him seriously. He stopped, his face hardened at me but he slowly nodded.

"I'll call your guards-" I was already shaking my head at him, arms crossed over my chest

"Alone."

He narrowed his eyes at me, his teeth grinding against each other, he opened his mouth to argue but then shut it, with clenched fists he nodded again. Eyeing him I couldn't help but be glad he wasn't putting up an argument like I thought he would, but I wouldn't put it past him to do something about the situation until he had the last word.