Chapter 2

With a vampire sitting by his side, Tahel felt the class go on longer than usual. All he could think about was getting out of the hall as soon as possible.

His gaze was drawn to his wristwatch, watching the hour hand tick. Everything the professor said at the podium was a blur in his mind, like a buzz of words he couldn't make out.

So, this is why they dismissed Gallahan and Enzy. He thought.

Three of the board of directors in UZ are werewolves. Two were Enzy and Gallahan, who were suspended, and Pierre, Najak's cousin.

But Pierre..

He couldn't help but be curious. Pierre owns a significant amount of stock, and the board members usually consider his advice.

Is it possible he was not notified and did not receive a copy of the students' list?

He checked his messaging app, and his three older brothers had not replied.

Tahel swiftly shut the tab and hastily messaged everyone to gather at the Sports club as soon as possible. After sending it, his eyes darted towards Cassia, who was fixated on the screen, with her lustrous, long black lashes curving and her straight nose giving her a profile resembling ancient statues.

She must have lived for centuries.

That was his silly thought before the lunch bell rang. He quickly slid his laptop into his bag and dashed down to Ruslan. They went to their room on the 4th floor of the Sports Club, where Camill and the twins were waiting.

"I have something important to tell you," Tahel announced, placing his bag down on the table. He scanned the room, making sure that everyone was present, although he had already spotted the three of them sitting on the long couch as soon as he entered.

"Camill has something to say as well," Louis interjected. "Is it good or bad news?" he asked with a hint of concern.

"Unfortunately, it's bad news," Ruslan replied, reaching into the fridge for a bottle of water.

Louis frowned and rubbed his forehead. "This can't be good news either," he muttered, his worry deepening.

"Okay, you go first," Tahel said, quickly changing into a white t-shirt and hanging his uniform on the wall.

"There's a vampire in my class."

Tahel's eyes widened in shock, and he turned to face Camill. Ruslan sat up straight and looked at them in disbelief.

"In our class, too," Ruslan spoke slowly, still trying to process the news.

"Wait, are you serious?" Louis asked. His eyes darted between Ruslan and Camill, trying to make sense of the situation. Meanwhile, Luka sat silently beside him, his arms crossed and his thumb between his teeth.

Tahel furrowed his brow. "Could it be a Florescu?" he wondered aloud.

Camill nodded gravely. "Yes."

"What should we do?" Louis asked, standing up and looking at everyone. "We can't just let them stay here, can we?"

"And why are there vampires here in the first place, anyway?" Luka chimed in. "I thought the admissions process was always monitored."

"Gallahan and Enzy were suspended, and Pierre must have missed checking the records," Tahel said with a sigh.

"How?" Ruslan asked, "I thought Enzy was responsible for UZ, but now that he's suspended, shouldn't Pierre be the one checking the papers?"

"Speaking of Pierre," Tahel said, looking at his phone. "I messaged Najak about him. I'm waiting for a reply.