| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 |

Mateo has been ignoring me for a while now

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating. He's been avoiding everyone and it's making me more sick.

Ever since he found out that woman was with Salvatore, he's closed in on everybody, just coming out for dinner, when we have meetings and nothing more. He doesn't even come out to train. I don't even know what he's doing locked up in his room. I'm so curious.

That's why I was standing outside his room scared as fuck.

What if he doesn't what to see me?

What if he doesn't want to talk?

What if he's tired of me already?

Well fuck what ifs, let's do this.

I knock. Once. Twice. Thrice. And whatever comes next. But he doesn't answer me. I strain my ear to hear any sound from inside but I hear nothing.

I know you're in there let me in. Bitch you ain't Anna from Frozen, I warn myself giggling from my lame joke.

Ugh. I feel so pathetic. I don't know anything about what was happening and I can't even ask anyone. Vera also doesn't seem to know and talking to Alessio is like talking to a wall. Can't even bother about that.

I knock again, already giving up until I hear a low muffled 'come in'.

Here we go. You got this Arianna!

I open the door, facepalming at how dumb I was when I find out it was open all along. Well I have manners.

My shoulders drop when I see his position, he was sitting at the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I never knew he could be so unshielded, so open without his facade up. His room is even so dark, curtains aren't pulled and only the bedside lamp is switched on dimmed to the lowest.

"Can I come in?" I ask stupidly, standing in front of the already closed door.

"You're already in Arianna."

No Ari? wow.

"...uh...so what's up with you?" I take small unsure steps towards him.

I've never done this before, I have never comforted anyone before. I honestly don't know how it goes.

"What do you want?" He asks, his voice dead but that doesn't faze me at all.

"Do you want a hug?" I sit beside him, putting as much space as I can between us and he sits up.

"No." oh. "I'm fine."

"We're worried about you Teo. I'm worried about you. What's wrong?"

He turns to me, eyes icy, with a tight smile. "Nothing's wrong. If that's all, you can leave." He stands up, heading to the window opening it a little and leaving me on the bed.