You Go To His Hockey Game

Requested by iirosemarie

"Sorry, excuse me - oh, sorry. Sorry. Excuse me." You shuffle down the row of people in the freezing cold stadium, trying to get to where Aaliyah and Cameron both sit with a seat in the middle of them that was reserved for you.

You meant to get here a lot sooner, but you got stuck in traffic and then didn't know what door to go into at the stadium because you parked on the wrong side.

You squeeze in the middle of Cam and Aaliyah, feeling bad for being as late as you were.

"Oh hey, Y/N. We all thought you died or something," Cam says as he sips his coke.

"Nope, I'm alive. Though I almost killed the driver of the red car in front of me that was moving so slow I was starting to think he was doing it on purpose," You scoff, rolling your eyes.

Cam just laughs and looks back out at the ice, keeping his focus on the game.

You lean over to Aaliyah, who was sitting slumped down in the seat.

"What's the score?" You half-whisper.

She giggles. "Three to five and we're behind. Luckily you aren't as late as you think. Shawn's been looking around for you for the entire fifteen minutes that the game has gone on. Have you ever been to his games before?"

You shrug. "A few, but usually only the charity events. I mostly try to visit with people and reconnect with old friends while he plays - "

You were cut off by the sound of half of the crowd jumping up and screaming in excitement, and the other half-- including Cam, who was ridiculously exaggerative-- were groaning.

"What's going on?"

Cam keeps his eyes on the game, but leans over to you and says, "The other team just scored again. I think Shawn's really distracted," Cam lazily shakes his finger in Shawn's direction, and you follow until you lay your eyes on him.

He was wearing a blue and white jersey with his last name on the back in dark blue capital letters, and he had a blue maple leaf on the back, too, which made you cringe.

He was number 98, and you could only see this because he was facing the other way, getting glared at by the coach for not paying attention. He turns back around and suddenly your eyes meet and a huge smile presses upon his face.

"Y/N," You see him mouth, and even from far away you could see the way his eyes lit up.

His face was on the screen, and everyone must've been wondering what he could have been staring at with such happiness and love in his eyes that didn't feel real. It was like he was seeing you for the first time.

When the loud beep went off, signaling that the first twenty minutes were up. The players skated over to the exits of the rink and sunk into the bleachers, except for Shawn, who races over to where you were sitting.

"Y/N, baby, I'm so glad you're here," He says as he runs up and quickly crashes his lips on yours, taking you by surprise.

"What the -? Good grief," Aaliyah scoffs. "Get a room, we don't need a show!"

You could tell she was laughing when she said it, and then all of a sudden you feel the flash of a camera through your closed eyelids.

Then there were gasps and coos all over the crowd, and when you pulled away, you were surprised to see your face on the big screen.

You laugh nervously and look around, every face scanning the chairs to try to find where you were.

"I'm glad all these people know we're together," Shawn whispers to you.

"Yeah?" You say, biting your lip.

"Definitely. Everyone should know."

You lean over and kiss him on the cheek, which was freezing cold from being out on the ice.

"Go out there and play hard," You squeeze his hand, "I believe in you, sweetie."

"I will," He smiles, obviously not wanting to leave, but eventually he turned his head and blushed uncontrollably as he walked back to his team.

A/N

I just wanted to point out that yes, I write in 2nd person point of view 98% of the time. I hope none of you have a problem with it that way. I personally think it's the best layout for an imagine, bc if you're reading it in 1st person it's like you're reading a story and seeing through someone else's eyes, I want this to be your own experience and your own story. I hope that makes sense. Also I'm not trashing anyone who writes in first person lmao

anyways, happy summer! (if you're not out for summer yet happy almost-summer) and tysm for reading hit the star thingy pls :)

-avey