Illèa Weekly: Elisa Carams

"Hello, I'm Elisa Talia Carams of Hampton, a small and more reserved state of Illèa. I grew up with a lovely family consisting of my mother, father, brother, two sisters, and a beloved uncle. Unfortunately, all are lost to me except for my brother, Harrison. I am to be eighteen in September.

This is a gown designed by me, with overlapping white petals made of a smooth white satin and a purple tinge at the end. The bust has a trim of violet stones to accompany the jewelry worn with it, along with the violet tinge I added and my eyes."

What would your life be like back in Hampton if you weren't chosen?

"Honestly, that's a little hard to say. I don't know if being selected had a part in the burning of my home state, but I would be making the best of it in Hampton. Although Hampton has a special place in my heart, I belong in Angeles. Home may have been where my heart was, but now, it's in Angeles to stay."

What are the other Elite like?

"From what I can tell, they're amazing. I love each and every one of them. They're all beautiful, smart, and kind. Danielle has spirit and confidence I wish I had in myself, Pepper is so polite and cheerful, Opal is such a sweetheart and someone I know I can confide in, Leila is such an amazing friend; I can't begin to describe the kindness in her heart, and Kiara has such a headstrong ambition, it's hard not to admire her bright attitude and determination!"

What is your favorite thing to do in the palace?

"I love the music room! It is so beautiful, and I feel my soul drawn to the piano keys every time I take a step into the room. I can't describe the peace that music has over my soul, and I love every note I can play on that gorgeous piano."

If chosen, what would be your first act as Queen?

"To end caste discrimination entirely. It isn't fair to label somebody with a number and let that one symbol control their entire life. I was fortunate enough to live an enchanted and pleasant life, but others aren't so lucky. I want to do whatever I can to help those who weren't as lucky to be born into the world in a position as I was. Everyone deserves to work for what they want."