Nicholas Janitsary: Views on International Security

International security consists of the measures taken by nations and international organizations to ensure mutual survival and safety. These measures include military action and diplomatic agreements such as treaties and conventions. International and national securities are invariably linked. International security is national security or state security in the global arena. The content of international security has expanded over the years. Today it covers a variety of interconnected issues in the world that have an impact on survival. It ranges from the traditional or conventional modes of military power, the causes and consequences of war between states, economic strength, to ethnic, religious and ideological conflicts, trade and economic conflicts, energy supplies, science and technology, food, as well as threats to human security and the stability of states from environmental degradation, infectious diseases, climate change and the activities of non-state actors.

Dr. Nicholas A Janitsary is a Criminologist. He is the Founder and Managing Director of New Dimension Group, PTE LTD, an international security and defense company. The company was founded in 2007 and has its base in Singapore, the other offices being in Dubai and Delhi. It offers consultancy on business development, understanding business cultures and bridging the gap between the Middle East, Asia and India. This is especially helpful for businesses and people from North America, Europe who need the expertise in understand the local business culture. In addition, with years in the region this helps businesses from Asia understand the Middle East and vice a versa. He has worked with various governments, Law enforcement groups helping them get a foothold in these regions. Along with helping the region secure experts from overseas and bringing in the latest equipment for use in the region.

New Dimension Group specializes in Counter terrorism, Threat assessment, K&R, Critical crisis management, Intelligence gathering, Maritime Security (counter piracy), Equipment Sales and Training. The group also gives Security and Defense Training. Their in depth training programs includes Sky marshal training, Bomb detection training and HAZMAT training. New Dimension Group's professional team is made up of experienced former military, law-enforcement and intelligence officers.

Dr. Janitsary speaks at many international forums on global security, The Interpol General Assembly being one of them.