Breakup Arch | 4

She got back to her room and saw the absolute tornado on her floor.

"Man, how did I let it get like this?" She thought to herself.

She started to clean it up, grabbing laundry and throwing it in two separate piles.

Then she moved onto her bed making it neat and tidy.

It wasn't squeaky clean, but good enough for now. Rae looked at her setup and had an intrigue to stream. She started to brainstorm ideas and settled to do a chill stream, just watch some True Crime videos with chat to get her mind off of things. She posted on Twitter what she was doing for the day and how she'd explain why she'd been gone for 3 days.

She checked her cam, good. She checked herself, messy. She thought. She grabbed a hoodie and her glasses and put them on, as well as a blanket since it would be a chill stream and no gaming.

She would be live in 5 minutes and pre-stream chat started to roll in. Messages like hey rae! and good morning/evening chat!! popped up when she was looking. She got up from her chair and threw away the now empty coffee cup, got a jug from downstairs, and filled it with water all within the time crunch. By the time she was done and she'd sat down, the stream had started.

"Hey Chat!" She said with a wave.

"Today is just a chill day, reacting to some true crime and then reddit recap."

She switched scenes and moved her cam to the left-middle.

"Gonna take it slow for a while. A lot has happened in the past 3 days, I know it doesn't seem like it." She said taking a sip of water. "But a lot of personal stuff really messed me up. I scheduled therapy in 2 weeks, I just got cold feet the last few days so I didn't go."

Chat rolled through like sorry for u rae. and, what happened? But she ignored and watched the videos.

Then after 5-6 hours she was exhausted, and switched over to reddit.

Immediately something popped up that was Sykkuno related. Fighting back tears she liked it and said "This is cute!" before moving onto the next thing.

So many things dealt with him... is this a Sykkuno subreddit too? Like c'mon guys post me. She thought.

After 20 mins she was done. "Thanks for coming to the stream guys. Bye chat! See you soon!" and ended stream.

Later that night she got a message from Wendy, she asked "hey Rae! you feeling ok?"

"Yah, feeling better." Rae typed.

"Good! If ur down for valo tomorrow we have a spot for you!"

"Thanks Wendy! What time?"

"Early... like 11-12 PST"

"Perfect for me. Thanks wenders"

"Np"

She closed Discord and turned off her PC, called Mika to bed and fell asleep.

8 hours rolled by in an instant and Rae was awake. It was 9 in the morning.

She layed in her bed for another 30 minutes pondering whether to get up or stay comfy and warm.

She reluctantly got up and made coffee for herself and Miyoung. It finished brewing and she poured it into a cup, let Mika out and went outside feeling the weather.

"Morning." Miyoung said in a deep voice

"Morning," Rae said, mocking her. "Made coffee"

"I can smell it. Thanks Rae"

She let Mika in and changed into more proper attire for walking outside. Once she was done, she walked Mika around their surrounding area, a total of 3 miles, which wasn't much but it was getting cold due to it being overcast.

She got back to the house and showered. Getting into comfy outfit it was already 10:30 AM

She hopped onto Twitter and tweeted:

Hihi!! Playing Valo with Miyoung, Leslie, Abe, and Wendy! Live an hour from this tweet.

Rae decided to look at pre-stream chat and spotted someone in chat who said, why haven't you been playing with Syk? She ignored it.

Once they all got into the call and said their "hellos" it was time to play.

Round after round and game after game it was like she remained on a loop, Insta-locking Viper, getting sucky maps and getting a slightly negative K/D.

"Today is not my day..." She said sipping on her water. Looking at chat while queuing up.

The message came back again and again, why haven't you been playing with Syk? "Why haven't I been playing with Sykkuno lately?"

She took a deep, shaky, breath. "Look..." "Sykkuno and I had a falling out. And I haven't spoken to him ever since." "I hope he's doing okay. I miss him a lot..." Rae said, fighting back tears. "Please don't bring this up alright chat?" Rae said as she muted to fix herself. "Okay, where was I?" She turned her cam off and started quietly crying just thinking about it. "Alright" She said as she wiped a tear from her eye and unmuted, starting another round of Valorant. "You know, I can't do this right now" She said abruptly, turning the stream off.

Chat checked other streamers she was playing with, Leslie's, nothing, she left. Miyoung's, nothing, they were talking about what happened, like if her internet crashed. But no. She just left.

God chat. Why? WHY?? I was doing fine until he flooded back in my head. She grabbed her phone and saw a missed call from Peter.

She called him back.

"Hey Rae! Wassup?"

"Just got done streaming. I had to end it early because chat brought something up."

"Yeah I get it."

"Do you think you could have withdrawals of a person? Because I'm having withdrawals from him right now."

"Of course you can! Why? Is it about Sykkuno?"

"I- Don't know it's just every time I turn on the stream he's just in my mind, you know? No matter what game we play. It's not like he's dead, hell I could go to him right now. But I just don't think now is the time for that. Not yet. He'll come around. Right?"

"He will Rae, I promise. I spoke with him the other day, he's in Vegas you know that right?"

"I figured he was. He had to get away."

... From me. She thought