Chapter 19 Tujhe Mein Rab Dikhta Hai

Narrator's POV
The wedding rituals began.. The priest started reading the mantras..
Aashna sat down with "rohit" and her parents put her hand on top of "Rohit's".
Aashna had a weird feeling when her hand was placed..
"Why do I feel like something is wrong?" Aashna thought to herself..
Soon, the priest told the couple to stand up and began the pheres (wedding ritual) and on the hand "Aryan" and Sonia got up as well.
"Rohit" took Aashna's hand in his and began taking the rounds.
When they sat back down.. The priest handed "Rohit" the nuptial necklace.
"This is it... " Aashna thought.
"Rohit" put the necklace on Aashna and it was finally time for the vermilion.

Rohit's POV
I looked over at the real Aryan and Aashna as the priest gave him the vermilion.
I had switched places with Aryan and was pretending to get married to Sonia. Our plan was to wait until Aryan put the vermilion on Aashna and then we would tell the truth.. Aryan and I were wearing the same sherwanis so no one could tell the difference.
Sonia and I had decided to wait until they were done so we wouldn't complete our wedding..
The priest handed me the nuptial necklace and I looked over at Aryan once more and saw he was putting the vermilion on Aashna..

Aashna's POV
A tear dropped down my cheek and Rohit put the sindoor(vermilion) on me.
Our wedding was complete....
I looked over at Aryan and saw that he still hadn't put the mangalsutra(nuptial necklace) on Sonia yet.
Suddenly, Aryan and Sonia stood up and Aryan removed the flowers that were hiding his facing, but it was in fact Rohit!
I looked next to me and this person was removing the flowers as well.. It was Aryan..
I just got married to ARYAN!!
"You knew about this?" I asked him. Everyone stood there in shock..
"One second Aashna," Rohit said.
"Yeah, Aashna this was our plan .. Aryan had nothing to do with this.." Sonia said.
"What plan?" Aryan asked. We both stood up as well..
"We had already found out that you two love each other a long time ago.." Rohit said. I then looked down avoiding eye contact with everyone when they all gasped.
"Yeah, and we knew that the sacrifice you guys were making was wrong.. It would ruin all our lives.. No one would be happy.." Sonia said..