five

The restaurant was pretty quiet, I think Luke must've booked it out or something because the food was incredible, no way in hell people didn't fancy going.

"So, the real question, what formula one team do you support?" I asked him as I continued to eat my halloumi fries, fuck the diet.

He sighed "This is a trap isn't it?"

I shook my head "Nope I'm curious, this could make or break the friendship very quickly." I joked threateningly.

I realised very quickly this wasn't a potential boyfriend situation but rather a potential friend, he was sweet but not my type.

"Hm I'm already in the friend zone I might as well go risky and say McLaren." He chuckled taking a bite out of his burger.

"Respect it." I nodded along, music was playing softly in the background, it was nice.

"So how long you in Albany?" He wondered as he saw my gaze into the city life surrounding us.

I sighed "I have to be in Boston tomorrow, so today is the last day, and I'm here with you so feel special alright?"

"The amount of travel would quickly do my head in." He admitted and that was something I immediately felt.

"I hate it, I hate planes. Well I'm getting better but not really by choice it's force of habit now. Either flying to a show or a Grand Prix. I think I'm single-handedly responsible for global warming." I told him earning a lovely British laugh.

"Well, I think if anyone can get away with that it's you. The world loves you. Not hard to see why." He said sweetly, I was so conflicted by Luke.

He was absolutely charming and kind and just so sweet but I can never look at anyone the same way I looked at Charles, nobody ever came close to Charles.

"You think?" I fished for compliments.

"Oh yeah, I mean I was an absolute fucking wreck yesterday asking you for lunch but you didn't care. You just made me feel normal." He shared honestly as he put down the remainder of his burger.

"Well I try."

"Funny too." He added as he smiled at me.

"Jesus I feel like I'm scrolling through Instagram with all these compliments. Enough about me," I stole one of his chips "What's your life like?"

He shrugged "Here there and everywhere honestly, moved from England when I was nineteen been in New York ever since."

"How old are you?" I asked him taking yet another one of his fries, thankfully he didn't seem to mind.

"Twenty six, dealbreaker?" He wondered and I shook my head, charles is twenty six.

He face softened "What are you thinking about?"

I held my head "Can I be honest? My ex boyfriend."

He held his heart sarcastically "Ouch melody."

"Don't turn this on me," I laughed "Do you not think about your ex much?"

"Oh yeah, I mean you always just sit and think where the hell did it go wrong? But then if that didn't happen I wouldn't be here." He explained pushing his plate towards mine as I ate practically all of his food.

"Everything happens for a reason huh?" I acknowledged, there's a lot of things that have been fucked up in my life so I hold a lot of hope onto the fact it happens for a reason.

"I hope so," he paused "I think that kind of makes everything that's difficult seem somewhat worth it."

"Are all brits this wise? You sound like you've come straight out of hogwarts and are delivering some life advice lessons." I expressed whilst the waiter came over to take away our plates.

"What Harry Potter house are you then Mel?" He wondered as he got out his phone and put it on the table.

"I so badly wish I was a griffindor but I have no idea, I think I need to do that little online test thing, what's it even called? Oh I don't know." I rambled as he nodded along.

"I'm a hufflepuff."

I laughed loudly "I could've told you that within two seconds of knowing you, you radiate the hufflepuff."

"Oi what's that supposed to mean?" He angered fakely as his laughter was forced out.

"Oh I don't know." I rolled my eyes.

"Hm," he looked me up and down "Slytherin."

I gasped "No you did not."

He chuckled as he called the waiter over for the bill "That will be $42 please." The waiter requested as he got out the receipt.

"I'll pay." I said tapping my card instantly before any arguments occurred, charles would never ever let me pay.

"You're funny melody." He told me as we got up and left the restaurant, "So you've got to make an effort to come to Albany soon alright?"

I nodded "Oh yeah, after tour I will let you know when I'm about."

He nodded smiling "I had fun. Thank you."

I smiled back at him as he walked back to wherever his apartment was, or maybe he had an actual house? I left knowing just as much about him as I did when I got there honestly.

I just can't stop talking ever.

So with that I made my way back over to my car, which I would drive over to the airport to be in Boston for tomorrow morning because that is my life these days.

The team would already be on the jet when I got there, just felt weird without Isas presence.

————————————————————————
dailymail:

Liked by 15,263,829 people dailymail: has melody verstappen found love in Albany on tour? The famous singer was spotted earlier today in a restaurant with mystery man on what appears to be a date, thoughts?

dailymail: has melody verstappen found love in Albany on tour? The famous singer was spotted earlier today in a restaurant with mystery man on what appears to be a date, thoughts?

comments

user27394: she can just die

melodym27293: bet Charles is crying himself to sleep tonight

m+cship: no we don't claim this.

user2739494: let the girl live!!!

melodygossip: lol bet it's her cousin or something, y'all are suckers for the drama

________________________________