58

EMERY WOKE UP with her head pounding.

The brief images she saw in her dreams flashed in front of her eyes again and again until her nose started bleeding. This had never happened before. Not only was she concerned for herself but she grew worried for the people she could recognize from the dream; The Mikaelsons. She saw Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol and Finn. They were standing at some sort of alter and were all choking on their own blood. Then there was Esther who stood in front of them, watching them die with a sinister smile stretched across her lips.

After having taken a shower, she didn't bother leaving her room. She has felt alone before not never this much. She couldn't help but feel like the entire world was against her.

With her lower lip in between her teeth, she sat down on her bed, having changed the covers. With her knees plopped up, her back against the headrest, she placed her sketchbook on her thighs and decided to finish her sketch of Klaus in order to get her mind of the dream.

Hours passed and Emery didn't move from her spot. She was uneasy, she could sense that something was about to happen and she knew it had everything to do with what she saw. Sighing, she stood up from her bed, tossing the sketchbook aside and grabbed her jacket, she needed to see the hybrid. It didn't matter that she was pissed at him, she didn't want him dead.

That was how Emery found herself at the Mystic Grill, having received a text from Rebekah who gave up his location.

The witch didn't know what to expect when she walked in the familiar place. People talking and the sound of drinks being poured filled her ears as she looked around for the familiar pair of eyes.

"Emery," someone called out making her turn around to find Kol standing there beside Klaus with a grin on his face. "Hello, there."

"Kol," she smiled back in acknowledgement, her smile dropping when Klaus spoke up. "What are you doing here?"

She grabbed the glass Kol extended her way before replying, "I came to find you, actually."

"Well you've found me," Klaus's eyes took in her appearance. "Are you all right?"

"No offense but," Kol began, narrowing his eyes at the witch, "you look like you've seen death."

"I always look like this. And I did," she mumbled, "or I think I did."

"What do you mean?" Klaus narrowed his eyes at her making her glance at Kol then back at him. Instead of replying, she downed down the drink in her hand, placing the glass on the table. "Come with me."

Kol took a step forward but was stopped by the witch. "No, not you. Just him. I won't take long."

"Won't take long? Are you certain?" Kol raises his brows, amused, "sex hardly takes little time, darling."

Klaus rolled his eyes at his brother's words before landing a smack on the side of his head which only made him laugh. He waved them off, "go ahead then, have at it. Don't let me hold you back—"

"— We're just going to talk," Emery interrupted, knowing full well her face was red. Without bothering to wait for them to say anything, she walked out of the grill, knowing Klaus would follow.

Once outside, she turned to face him, "I—"

"— Wait," he cut her off, his hand reaching out to grab hers but frowned when she took a step back. "What do you think you're doing?"

"You've been ignoring my calls," he pursed his lips, dropping his hand to his side, "and my texts."

"So?"

"Why?" He instantly regretted having asked the question when she shot him a glare that had him internally wincing. He had never seen her pissed before.