chapter 20✿

A/N: I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been so busy with school since exams will be coming up soon. I've been studying a lot and have a ton of homework but I had some spare time so I had to update. It's only a quick update and it's kind of a filler. Better chapters are coming for the near future! Thank you for keeping up with this story. Please vote and comment! x

I can't believe Luke. He can't honestly think i'm just going to pack up and move just for him. My whole life is back in Melbourne. I can't help but keep thinking about what he said though and how right he is. I'm going back to a place where my ex-boyfriend is. He'll probably make all my friends hate me. I need to call Aubrey.

"Hello?" She answers after a few rings.

"Aubrey." I whine.

"Yeah?" She asks, her voice sounding shaky.

"We need to talk." I need to tell her everything. I need my best friend's advice right now.

"Okay but before you say anything you need to know we didn't mean for it to happen. We were drunk. Well, we were drunk the first time, then the rest of the times sort of just happened. I really hope we can still be friends." She blurts out.

What the-Is she saying what I think she is?

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Ian and I." She says.

They couldn't have.

"What about you and Ian?" I ask, anger raising within me.

"Wha-he didn't tell you?" Aubrey asks.

"Tell me what, Aubrey?" I ask angrily. I had obviously caught on by now but I need her to say it. I need to hear her say it out loud.

"Fuck," She curses under her breath, "well I guess you'll find out eventually. Me and Ian slept together. And we're kind of uh-together now. That's why he went to Sydney; to tell you." She stutters as she explains.

"How could you?" I scream.

"We really didn't mean for it to happen." She says.

"You clearly did. We've been best friends for years. Honestly what the fuck!" I yell.

What the hell was even happening right now?

"You can't choose who you love." She says flatly.

She really didn't feel bad about any of this. That was made clear now.

"You know what Aubrey, Fuck you." I say before hanging up my phone and then tossing it across the room.

I knew I'd regret that later because it probably smashed but right now I was too livid to care.

Great. Now after summer I have to go back to no boyfriend and no best friend. Maybe I should just stay here. It could be good for me. But, I can't just leave my dad. I've been so cold to him, and now I'm just going to pack up and leave. I can't. He'll think I'm leaving to live with my mother instead of him. I can't have him thinking that, he was always the better parent to Michael and I.

I walk over to my phone and pick it up, relieved to see that it didn't break. Thank god for protective cases. I unlock it and dial Ian's number. He picks up surprisingly fast.

"What?" He asks harshly.

"Fuck you, Ian. You come here and make me feel like absolute shit for cheating on you with Luke yet you've been screwing my best friend this whole time!" I yell into the speaker.

"Who told you?" He asks.

"She did! She also told me that's the reason you came to Sydney; to tell me. Really Ian? You came here to tell me you've been cheating on me, yet you break up with me when you find out i've been doing the same. But you know what, it's not the same. I'm so completely in love with Luke. You're not at all in love with Aubrey." I say.

"You don't know that. Maybe I am." He says.

I wanted to burst out laughing.

"Please, you're Ian. You aren't capable of loving anyone but yourself. Have a nice life Ian." I say, just about to hang up.

"Oh I will. And I'll enjoy making yours hell for the next year." He says, I could sense the smirk on his face.

"I'm not even coming back next year." My mouth says before my brain catches up.

Shit. I shouldn't have said that. The decision isn't even final yet. Why did I tell Ian before I told Luke? I don't even know if it's for sure. Maybe I will go back.

"So you're running away from your problems now?" He asks.

"No. I want to move to Sydney to be with Luke and Michael. The people here are nice and normal, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for the people back home." I say.

"Exactly, May. Home. Melbourne is your home. No matter how much you don't want it to be. Whether we're together or not, the kinds of people back home are the kinds of people you belong with. It's the same kind of person you are. You're no better than anyone back here in Melbourne." Ian says.

He's right.

"You're wrong. I am better." I lie and hung up.

I'm not better. I know i'm not going anywhere in life. At least, I wasn't when I was in Melbourne. But, I feel like I can be a good person if I lived here. I'd be a better person for Luke.

The phone call with Ian helped me finalize my decision. I was moving to Sydney.