She's Just Another Girl

Chapter 3
She's Just Another Girl
Dipper's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Mabel skips along my side as I feel she has something on her mind. I have to ask.

"What's on your mind, Mabel?" I ask.

"I'm going to have another sleepover! Candy, Grenda, and someone you don't know are going to be there! Well, most likely they are!"

"Wait! Someone I don't know? How do you know you can even trust her?!"

"Sometimes, that's what sleepovers are for, Dipper! She had a trustworthy face, so can trust her."

"A trustworthy face?

"Yeah, so I invited her."

"Maybe her parents won't let her stay with someone that has a sibling the opposite gender. Look at the obvious first."

"You're being hard to persuade here! Besides, you two would be so cute together! Can't you just imagine your soulmate?"

"No. It's hard. Maybe she'll like me as a friend. Just no one will like like me that way."

"Dipper-"

"Oh! Look, Mabel! We're here already! Now can we please stop talking about this?" I really do get slightly aggravated when people talk about this kind of stuff, mainly when they're talking about my love life. Well, if I'll ever have one that is.

I walk into the Mystery Shack as Mabel follows behind. I go up to our room as I realize I'm going to be is Soos' break room for tonight. Might as well stay in here until then.

<An Hour Later>

"Dipper! Come down here!" Mabel yells, followed by what sounds like Candy and Grenda giggling.

As I walk downstairs, I begin hear a different voice, that I have never heard before, say, "You're forcing me to met him, why?" I stop, wanting to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Oh, you sound just like Dipper! Come on! I know you want to meet him!" Mabel answers. Typical Mabel.

"Yeah! You two would look cute together!" Grenda says in her deep, manly voice. Oh, where have I heard that before?

"Yes, yes! Adorable, even," Candy agrees.

One part of me is saying to run back upstairs. The other says to walk out there as if you heard nothing. My body is saying that I'm looking like an idiot walking to them. My mind is screaming, "FOOL! YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THAT ONE PART OF YOURSELF! YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT!" [Oh, my God. That paragraph explains my whole life. -BJ 3.22.16]

Mabel's new friend continues to look down at her clasped hands as if not wanting to look at me. Mabel jumps up.

"(Y/N)! DIPPER! I'd like you to meet each other."

"Hi," she murmurs.

"Hi."

"YOU'RE LOOKING LIKE A DORK!" my mind yells at me.

"You guys, don't be nervous! You two are going to be good friends! Come on!" Mabel says. She pulls (Y/N)'s arm to where she's about face-to-face with me. She's only half an inch smaller, though.

Before I knew it, I looked over to her at the same time she must have decided to glance at me. We made eye contact. I could just imagine placing my hand on her cheek as our faces close together to... NO! She's just another girl. She's just another cute, shiny-eyed girl. That's all she'll ever be! Every time I like a girl--every time--she doesn't like me back. She steps on my heart and doesn't care! So I'm not going to have feelings toward her.

She starts to back away but falls. I catch her. Our eyes lock again as I can't help myself to thinking how adorable she is. She's just another girl, Dipper! Mabel, Grenda, and Candy are squealing in my ear. [Dang. I'm bad at romance stories... -BJ 3.22.16]

"Umm... Dipper, was it?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"You can... you can let go now."

I begin to lift her back up, feeling like even more of a wimp that I almost dropped her just helping her up.

"Thank you," she murmurs trying to give me a smile that ends out all shaky. I return her shaky smile with a smirk. She walks away.

The voice came back into my head. She's just another girl.