Chapter 10

S H A W N

I took down my hoodie and looked at the door, took a deep breathe, and let out my room key and walked in.

There I saw Andrew on the phone talking.

"Search every where, I don't care I need to know if he's okay" he ran his hand through his hair worried as hell.

"Shawn?" Someone said coming out of the bathroom.

"Dad?"

Andrew turned around relief filling his eyes.

"Never mind cancel the look out he's here" He said and ended the call coming towards me.

"Where have you been? I had to come over night to look for you" my dad hugged me.

"But your here" he added happily and I hugged him back.

"Shawn look I'm sorry by the whole situation that went down in the studio, so is the team they didn't mean to push you in fact we wanted to help you move on" he said meaning it.

"It's fine" I said and gave him a hug.

"And because of our mistakes we want you to take the this week off here in New York we'll leave back home by Monday" he patted my back.

"But make sure to come back to the hotel or call us, whenever you decide to leave" Andrew said.

"You scared me to death" My dad put his hand on my shoulder.

"It won't happen again" I promised.

They both left the room to get some lunch when I decided to stay behind and hang around. Nova's at school so I can't chill or text her.

Text her.

I began searching my pockets for my phone. Shit I left my phone at her place. How did I forget?

I shrugged it off and planned on going to pick her up after school. Matt was an okay guy now. We might've gotten on the wrong start but now I see he's just protective over her.

She's a special girl. She really is. The way she cuddled on me for comfort last night made knots in my stomach. I laid down on the hotel bed and closed my eyes remembering us together cuddling.

I smiled like an idiot alone with the thought of her.

"Nova" I said to myself.

'Victoria' my Conscience added opening my eyes.

I sat up quickly. She's back in Canada waiting for my response if whether we'll get back together.

Now that I met Nova and got to know her a bit, I don't know how I feel towards Vic now. I placed my elbows on my legs as my hands covered my face.

Vic and I been knowing each other since the fifth grade and I've had feelings for her for the longest time and now that we were together made me the luckiest guy on earth to finally date my crush. But that was before. Vic now is too demanding she never had time for us and was always too "busy". cheating on me.

Running into Nova was like bumping into a guardian angel. She took me to her favorites spots last night getting my mind off Vic, telling me her childhoods and reasons why she loved the places she took me last night.

Why is this confusing?

"What are you doing to me?" I said covering my mouth now.

Why is this Brooklyn, New York girl making me feel this way? Why couldn't it be with Victoria?

I grabbed my keys to the truck and drove off to somewhere and then to find Nova.

N O V A

"The fact that he played with your feelings pisses me off and now he's running back begging? Who the hell does he think he is?" I talked to Neitza.

Apparently one of her ex's from a while ago wants get back together. I hate his guts so much. He cheated on her, a nice sweet person for a dumb bitch who's not even worth it.

"Nov, I still love him. I haven't been in a relationship since him.."

"Net listen to me, he's not worth it he played you too many times, the only way I can believe he still loves you is by showing it and waiting patiently" I stopped her looking at her eye to eye.

She nodded understanding and we continued walking the halls.

"Talking about boys, who's that dude Matt caught you with?"

"No one we met yesterday" I tried to avoid the question.

"Bullshit! Who is he?" She chuckles as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my.. His name is Shawn and he's visiting around and so he was going through a tough time, we hung out last night and let him stay over that's all" I explained.

"Oh Nov how your always helping others" she smiled at me proudly.

"Yup that's me!" I smiled making both of us laugh.

We both ended up outside of the school.

"Well I'm taking the bus cause I'm trying not to walk in this weather" she laughed.

"It's alright I'll text you later after I kill Matt for not giving me a ride today" I smiled and hugged her goodbye and she left onto her bus.

I walked over to the stone wall and threw my bag on top of it and pulled myself onto the wall and sat waiting for my mom response if she could pick me up.

Just as the busses started to leave my mom texted back.

Mother: I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm at the doctors right now, take the bus

Me: busses just left, its alright though I'll walk

Mother: Sorry love

Me: it's fine

I looked around and a familiar truck came in parking right in front of me. I covered the sun that was coming out from my eyes and saw Shawn wearing his hoodie keeping a low profile. I couldn't help but smile and jumped off the wall walking over to the passenger seat.

"You literally saved me riding the public busses" I smiled and buckled my seat belt and we drove off.

"Guess I'm your guardian angel" he smiled.

"Guess you are" I smiled and felt knots in my stomach just by the way he's looking at me.

As we were stopped at the stop sign.

"What up there?" He pointed on the right side of the rode.

"A park" I answered.

"Want to go?" I added. He smiled and turned on the right signal and drove off to the beautiful park that I've come since I was a child.

______________

Edited // Published July 4, 2015