Everything (I thought) I've ever wanted (CA/TX)

Texas sat at the foot of his door his breath was shaky at best, as he tried to hold his composure.

Why was everything so weird lately. It felt like everything was off.

He had wanted this after all? Right? He wanted all of this. So why did it feel so wrong. Make him feel so empty.

He fought so hard for this. For independence. To win. So why did his mind wander back to those words?

Texas remembered the cold air running through his hair as he looked at the state next to him, tears running down his face.

"You shouldn't be crying."

"Why?"

The state looked so pathetic. So weak, all qualities Texas had learned to adore over time.

"Cause men don't cry."

"Who cares about being a man?"

The others voice cracked.

He had a hopeless look in his eyes. One that made Texas want to rip himself apart for ever harming him.

"I do, and you should too."

California let out a sad whimper.

"Alright doll what's bothering you."

Texas pulled the other into a hug, one that Alta California leaned into as he pressed his face against the other.

"I know people change but I don't want that I want it to stay the way it is forever why can't everything stay the same I'm not ready I'm not ready I'm not fucking ready."

Texas rubbed the others back in an attempt to comfort the man, who was at this point crying.

"Don't leave me yet I need you."

Texas felt himself tense up.

"Please."

"Why would I ever leave you! Your my best friend."

Best friend. He felt a sharp pain in his chest.

"I was on board at first with your whole independence stuff but— now your going to leave me, your leaving your sister, your leaving all of us!"

"Just cause I'm doing my own stuff doesn't mean I'm going to leave you."

"No, you're lying. Your just going to forget about me one day and than never see me again."

"I wouldn't do that though!"

Texas felt his hands shake and vision blur. He felt horrible. He got what he wanted yes, independence, but in the process he betrayed his friend. The person he loves.

He pulled his legs in close. Hoping to gain some ground.

Everything was going horribly. He thought he could to it on his own, but he couldn't, he failed.

First he lost everyone, than his economy collapses and now he's begging at IDC and Govs doors to let him into the union.

He was pathetic. Stupid. Full of himself.