Devastation

...(TW ,⚠️ mentions of violence and graphic blood)

"Now let's get started!"
Mandalay cheered.

The class was shown to their individual training areas.
They were required to train the whole day up until an hour before sunset in which they would shift and begin to cook their own dinner.

The training was no joke, and most of them had been sore from the training the day before.
It was agony on earth...

_________________________________________

And so the training progressed as it did. It was much like the day before, nothing particularly interesting actually happened.

Until...

The night of day three fell upon them.

"Alright everyone!
We're starting our night fright competition!
Are you all ready?"
Pixiebob asked with a fangy smile.

"revelry in the dark"
Tokoyami said in the background, ignored by most of the other characters.

Midoriya felt his own heart race for the first time in a long time.
Wednesday night had finally arrived and his master plan was finally to be put into action.

"It's class 1-A vs Class 1-B!

Class 1-B will be doing the scaring and class 1-As job is to get through the path of this part of the forest!

Simple enough.

Now come up here and grab a partner!"

"before that.

Will the 5 failures make their way out."
Eraserhead said, ominously.

Sad cries erupted from 5 students.

Sero, Sato, Hagakure, Ojirou, and Aoyama.
The 5 of them had failed the physical exam and weren't allowed to participate in the fun activity.

Midoriya sighed and watched them leave.
Once they were out of sight, he went and grabbed a slip of paper.
He picked out Ojirou's name.

"I'm pairless it seems.
Good"
He thought to himself as he watched Mandalay assign new partners based on who was left partnerless.
Midoriya was seen last and as a result he was left without a partner.

Everyone was in their hero outfits, Midoriya had everything he needed on him.
The only items left in the cabins were his clothes, the least of his worries.

"Let's begin!"

The class was sent into pairs into the dark forest.
After a while, Midoriya found himself alone in the middle of the forest.
He couldn't hear his classmates in the distance, but he knew they were there.

"When will they attack?"
Midoriya thought to himself before he looked up.
Upon looking up, he found heaps of smoke.

"Oh it already started"
Midoriya ran off track and into the forest away from all ways of being tracked.
All he had to do was wait until it was over...

After that, UA would fall on its own and he could continue his life without any connections to the incident despite being the mastermind behind the whole plan.

"EVERYONE.
CAMP IS UNDER ATTACK!
MAKE IT BACK TO THE MAIN CABINS AND DO NOT ENGAGE IN BATTLE.
I REPEAT.
DO NOT ENGAGE IN BATTLE."
Mandalay screamed through telepathy.

Midoriya continued walking through the forest, switching between perspectives of his classmates and the other people at camp.
He had to know what to avoid after all.