Young!Buggy x Bullied! Reader.

-AN-
F. M. L. I am sorry this is so late, like....Jesus. I am one nasty son of a bitch. But hey, I'm back. Eheh...heh...

Song- Jessie J~ Who's laughing now? (Couldn't tag it (〒︿〒)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It was a normal day for Buggy. He was sitting with Shanks on the railing of the ship, absent mindedly listening to the red-heads ramblings.

Yes, while Shanks never seemed to be in short supply of a good story, the majority were repeats of stories he's told before. And despite the numerous amount of times the male had repeated these stories, he still laughed at them every time.

"-and so I bottled him and-"

"Shanks-"

"-He passed out with alcohol all over him-"

"Hey, listen-"

"-and then he-"

"SHANKS!"

The read head blinked rapidly, before pouting as his blue-haired friend.

"Rude."

He grumbled, gripping his bottle of sake and gulping it furiously. Buggy simply rolled his eyes and turned to look over his shoulder, dark orbs scanning the deck for a familiar female.

As of recently, the girl had been spending less and less time with the duo. Something both males found odd. They all joined the crew at relatively the same time, so the trio were close.

"Shanks... I'm really worried about (Name)."

Pulling his lips from the bottle with a pop, the latter glanced at his friend from the corner of his eye. Chuckling, he nodded.

"Yeah, me too. But she'll be fine. She's got us, and Rodger."

The male concluded, shooting a reassuring grin at his companion.Buggy shook his head and slipped off the railing, land on deck with a 'thump'.

"Come with to me find her. Shanks, I really am worried."

The red headed male stared at his friend. The look of sincerity that was returned, was all Shanks needed to know that his friend was genuinely concerned. Not something that happened usually. Standing up, Shanks through his empty bottle into the ocean, and plopped onto the deck. Following his blue haired companion in his search.

~Skippy~

Buggy and Shanks weren't searching long. Rounding a corner, the two saw something horrifying. Clear as day, in the corridor of the vessel, (Name) was backed up against the wall. Three of the older crew mates grinning down at her. Tears were dripping down her cheek, mingling with blood that spilled from her lip.

"OI!"

Shanks yelled out, rage swelling in his chest. Never once had the red head been so pissed. Now, imagine feeling that swelling rage, but times ten. And you have Buggy's emotions.

Both young males charged forward, battle cries ringing within the corridor as the three olders were, quite shamefully, chased off. Shanks perused the males, while Buggy hung back. Panting, he turned to the female who had slid down against the wall.

Relaxing immediately, he quickly dropped down beside her, and pulled her into his side. Cuddling her close. The female stuttered and sobbed out apology after apology.

"Idiot, stop apologizing! This isn't your fault!"

He barked, rubbing her back tenderly.

Lifting her head, bloodshot (e/c) orbs were revealed to Buggy. Effectively stopping his heart in it's tracks. Sniffling, she brushed some (h/c) hair from her face.

"T-Tell me th-the truth..."

The (h/c) hiccuped, rubbing her nose with the back of her hand, before locking eyes with blue-ette.

"A-Am I good e-enough to b-be in this crew?"

Buggy didn't even have to think about it.

"What?! What kind of question is that?! The captain invited you aboard personally!"

Flinching, (Name) hung her head. Embarrassed thoroughly by her stupidity. The male sighed and apology at his harsh reply, and hugged her closer. Rubbing the girls back, he tugged her head under his chin.

"(Name), whatever they did... whatever they said... Don't believe a word of it. You're perfect, ok?"

Smiling, (Name) lifted her head.A small blush tinged her cheeks as she kissed his nose, nodding her head and hugging him again.

"Ok..."

~Ten years later~

"C'mon, fellas! Gotta bust a move!"

The energetic captain hollered to her crew. Her crew grinned back as they followed their captain towards the local tavern of her home island. Laughing like a drunkard, (Name) slammed open the door to the tavern.

All attention was turned to her and her crew as she grinned sheepishly.

"Yo!"

(Name) beamed, stalking forward as her crew flooded into the unoccupied tables. Flopping down beside a large figure, hunched over a glass of whiskey, she called to the bar-maid.

"Your strongest sake!"

The (h/c) laughed, nearly falling off her chair as she stretched backward.

"Heheh, lively as ever, (Name)."

Freezing in her rocked-back position, (Name) dead-panned at the male. His face shadowed by his hat. Tilting her head, she squinted at the, clearly male, figure.

"Ehhhh? Who're you?"

Turning his head, the blue-ette smirked at her. Eyebrow raised inquisitevly, pulling up an impressive amount of makeup along with it.

"You don't recognize me, (Name)?"

She sat, gob-smacked for a while. Before squealing and grabbing his neck as she slammed his face into her chest. Her version of a hug.

Muffled cries escaped the male as he flailed around, unsure of what to do. However, when she finally released him, he was somewhat disoriented. Makeup was smeared all over her cleavage, making her laugh heartily.

"Damn...You're way too much like Shanks..."

The cobalt-haired captain growled, blush heavy on his cheeks.

"I am? Hehehe, I'm sure that red-headed nut job never smashed your face into his chest."

She chuckled, raising her drink to the bar-maid in a thankful gesture. Gulping at the bottle, she pulled off with a gasp.

"Woah! I forgot how much this stuff burns your throat! It's like the devil is having a fiesta in my gullet!"

(Name) declared, gaining hollers of agreement from her crew. Chuckling, Buggy shook his head. Downing the remainder of his whiskey.

"I see you're over your self confidence issues."

Nodding joyfully, she grinned.

"All thanks to you!"

Then, she paused. Face twisted in thought as she stared at the liquid gently sloshing around in her bottle as she rolled it in her hand. Slowly, a grin curled her lips and she shot a suggestive look at her old friend.

"Y'know... I never really did thank you properly for that. And we just met again after God knows how long."

Leaning over, she raised an eyebrow at her old friend.

"What do you say we 'reunite' the good old fashioned way?"

Buggy was shocked into immobility for a moment, before a grin similar to her own stretched his lips.

"I say, who's ship?"