Chapter 7

EDITED by dann_ds & myself

^Picture of a 4 week pregnancy^

________________________

Tasha

I don't know how long I stared at the positive pregnancy test on the bathroom counter.

"This can't be right." I quickly grab the instructions that were in the box. I read it over three times, hoping the test might turn negative.

Holy shit, I don't know what to do. Should I tell him? Or not?

What would my family or friends say about me being single and pregnant? What will Summer think of me having her fiancé's baby?

I took my time getting dressed for work. I put on light makeup, no mascara, no lipstick, or lip gloss, and I put my hair in a messy bun.

By the time I got to the building, I hoped Bonnie wasn't at her desk area. I walk slowly towards the elevator, but the clicking of my heels was making sounds on the floor. Then Bonnie shot up from her seat and stares at me.

"Good morning Tasha." She had a very cheerful smile on her face.

"Good morning Bonnie, I'll tell you at lunch in my office."

"Okay, I'll buy lunch." I guess she knew she was right about me being pregnant. I nodded at her.

"I'll text you about what I want for lunch."

And I dashed towards the elevators, not looking back at Bonnie.

As I got out of the elevator, I went straight to the front desk to ask if I had anything for myself.

"Good morning Ms. Ford. This mail came in for you and two messages about your appointments today." She gave me my mail and messages.

"Thank you and good morning to you too."

I opened my office door, walked towards my desk, and turned on my computer. Sat in the chair and waited for it to start.

I rip open my mail and read the letters and read the messages. Two of my clients cancelled their appointments. Well, looks like I have a day with no appointments I still got to work and file papers, do some emails, faxing, and mailing.

I click on my internet and type in Google.com on the search bar. I type in 'pregnancy calculator' I hit enter.

Wow, so many websites came up. And I click on babycenter.com.

So, I punch in on the last day of my period.

October 4, 2014, I hit enter.

My due date is on or around July 14, 2015.

And I'm about four weeks and two days pregnant from my calculations. I look at the picture of what my baby looked like. I'm learning a lot from this one picture here.

I google pregnancy symptoms and I got them except for morning sickness, which I don't want at all.

I don't know if I want a doctor or a midwife to deliver my unborn baby.

But let's not get ahead of myself here. This is a lot to take in.

What am I going to do with Summer and Rachel and their family? Eventually, I will have to tell them about me being pregnant with Corey's baby, as they call him that. I don't want to ruin my family relationships with them, especially Rachel, who is my other half.

I need to talk to my mom about this and need her advice. I dial my mom's cell phone.

After four rings, she picks up.