Chapter 63

I didn't want to stay too long in the bathroom and came out still not having reached a conclusion about what to do with Angie. The latter was sitting still in the same position and I caught her touching her lips. When she heard me she quickly moved her hand away and seeing her blush made me laugh. However, moving my lips made me wince. The next second Angie was next to me and she grabbed my face with a worried look:

"Where does it hurt?"

Seeing my lips she immediately let me go and looked away, her cheeks burning up. I couldn't hold back. I had to tease her:

"You destroyed my lips.

-I am so sorry. I will heal you."

Angie had to touch me to heal me but she couldn't even look at me so it was making things hard. She had to try three times before she could finally touch my lips and I immediately felt them go back to normal.

"Thank you. I feel way better now. Next time you should go more easy."

Angie almost fainted and I had to hold back a laugh:

"N-next time?"

I didn't answer and went back to the bathroom to take a shower. If dating her meant seeing her blushing like this for the rest of my life then I definitely liked her. She was way too cute when I teased her and I didn't want to get together too quickly. I wanted to enjoy this situation a bit more before I confessed to her. I would confess eventually but first I could have some fun by flirting with her. And I did want to do it again next time. Despite having my lips almost burned off, kissing Angie felt amazing.

I had no idea how effective those few words could be but when I came out of the bathroom for the second time, Angie did her best to hide her eyes. I guessed they must have been golden or even silver by now and I decided to let her run away once. I didn't ask anything about her eyes and let her hide in the bathroom for a few minutes. When Angie came out her face was still a bit red but her eyes went back to purple and she laid down next to me in silence.

I couldn't just let her go to sleep like this could I? I wanted to see her shy face:

"I'm cold."

Angie immediately turned to me with a frown:

"Are you sick? Do you feel dizzy?"

I laughed:

"You don't have to be sick to feel cold.

-I will get more covers."

Angie was ready to get up but I prevented her from doing so:

"It's okay. You could just use your powers."

I had no idea what a person glitching looked like but at that moment Angie glitched. I knew that her warming magic worked with touch and she was completely torn. She needed to warm me up but the idea of touching me reminded her of what happened minutes before. She was so cute that I bit my tongue to avoid laughing.

"Do you know how to use warming magic?

-I do..."

I smiled:

"It's so convenient having a wizard best friend. I could just hug you to sleep and we won't ever need ever covers again."

Even in the dark room I could see Angie's face turn red.

"Is that okay? You said that you were okay with hugging but I don't want to force you...

-It's okay!"

Angie said it so quickly that I chuckled. I crawled into her arms and Angie opened them not daring to touch me. She waited for me to find a comfortable position and even then she only lightly rested her arms around my body. At first I laid on my side, my head on her shoulder. Angie slowly pouring warming magic into my body and I sighed before crawling even closer:

"This is nice."

Feeling me move, Angie immediately raised her arms again and I could feel all her muscles tense up. I put my head higher and surrounded her belly of my right leg before hugging her close with one arm. Angie waited five seconds for me to stop moving before lowering her arms but that wasn't comfortable either. At this point I wasn't teasing Angie anymore, I was just looking for the best position to sleep in and I couldn't find it. Sleeping in Angie's arms was the most comfortable position I could ever be in but she was never close enough and I could always feel some part of my body being too far from her. It was irritating and I moved again, this time on my stomach, lying on Angie completely. I finally stopped moving and having my head on Angie's heart, I could hear it panic.

"Perfect."

I waited for Angie to surround me of her arms but she was immobile for so long that I started worrying and opened my eyes:

"Angie?"

She finally woke up and hugged me close. I sighed:

"This is nice... I want to sleep like this every night."

Her heart skipped a beat.

"This is like what I told Iris. That I would lay on your body every night."

I laughed hearing her heart stop briefly.

"The only difference is that you are not naked right now."

I never heard a heart make those sounds before. Was she okay? Could she take me flirting with her? Did I need to stop? I had a lot more to say but I got so surprised by Angie's reaction that I decided to stop there. I couldn't kill her. That would be unfortunate. I wished Angie good night and tried my best to fall asleep but sleep wasn't coming. Despite being in the most comfortable position, I couldn't fall asleep. What was wrong? Usually I would fall asleep instantly in Angie's arms. Was it because I realized that I liked her?

"You can't sleep?"

I jumped hearing Angie's voice.

"Weren't you asleep? I'm sorry if I woke you up.

-No, you didn't. I couldn't sleep either.

-I see..."

The air grew awkward for some reason.

"Are you preoccupied by something?"

I smiled. Angie always worried too much. I wondered how she would have reacted if I had told her the truth.

"Nothing really. I just can't fall asleep.

-Do you want me to help?

-How? Do you have some kind of sleeping spell?

-Yes.

-Really? Can you even control what kind of dreams I have?

-What would you like to see in our dreams?

-You."

I was pretty sure that this sounded like a heart attack.

"Angie?

-O-okay. Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes and the next second I could feel my whole body relax. It felt as if someone kissed me on the forehead and just like that I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I felt fresher than ever. The sun was still low and it was a first for me waking up this early by myself. I was so surprised that I was ready to jump out of bed but when I opened my eyes I noticed that I was still laying on Angie. I had completely forgotten about the position I was in and hugged Angie closer. I didn't want to wake up yet. I wanted to enjoy this moment a bit more. But that was without counting on the maids.

I heard someone knock on the door:

"Breakfast will be served in thirty minutes."

I wasn't sleepy anymore but I couldn't help being frustrated. Couldn't they leave us alone for a few hours? My grades weren't going to drop just because I missed one day.

"Did you sleep well?"

Feeling me move, Angie started caressing my hair. I immediately looked up to her:

"I always sleep the best when I'm in your arms."

Angie immediately turned red and I smiled. There was nothing better than morning flirting.