Chapter 65- Astéria's POV

"Ah! Stupid chair! What are you doing on my way? You asshole!"

Saber grabbed the chair in question and threw it out of the window with all her might. I wanted to pretend as if I didn't see anything and started walking away but Saber immediately felt my presence and spun around with a frown. As soon as she recognized me her traits smoothed out and she smiled at me:

"Astéria! What are you doing here?"

I didn't answer and continued walking away but Saber grabbed my arm:

"Nothing? No hello, no goodbye? You don't even ask me why I am so frustrated today?

-I don't care.

-Come on, listen to me just for a few seconds. I really need to vent.

-Not interested."

I tried pushing her away but Saber smiled:

"If you don't listen, I'll tell Poehina about the people in your basement."

I immediately froze and turned to Saber, determined to kill her. No one would ever find out. I could send a letter to the School written in her name saying that she had to go home because of family issues. There would be the King and Sverre looking for her but if they became really troublesome I just had to kill them again. That fat old man wasn't an obstacle.

However as I raised my hand to her throat, Saber grabbed it and laughed:

"Hey, I can see what you are thinking about. Killing me would be troublesome. What would you say to Poehina? Would you lie to her again? She and I are good friends, she would be sad."

I frowned. I knew that she was trouble when she walked in.

"Come on, wouldn't it be easier to listen to me for just five minutes? You could tell me about what's troubling you afterwards.

-Nothing's troubling me.

-Really? You were out of it all day. So? Do we have a deal?

-No.

-I could maybe help you. I am very good at reading people. Maybe I know some things about your lover that you don't."

Lover? Hearing that word made my cheeks go red immediately and Saber laughed before pulling me to a chair:

"Great. Five minutes I promise."

I sighed.

"I think Sverre recognized me."

Saber went on telling me about one of her missions and it was hard listening because I didn't care.

"Following that incident he has been acting weird around me. He doesn't push me away anymore and he doesn't say no to spending time with me. He doesn't even complain anymore when the next tea party is coming up. When I am talking he is even listening to what I'm saying. I think he might have recognized my voice. The coincidence is too big to be otherwise. The King won't care. He just wants me to be by his side until Alastair takes the throne. I can't disobey the King can I? It would be a bit much even for me. Then I would have to change countries and never come back. That's just too tiring. If he did recognize me I could stop clinging to him and just show up when necessary."

I thought Saber would go on way more but she stopped after five minutes as promised. I was so surprised that I didn't get up immediately and seeing me still sitting, Saber smiled:

"So then what's up with you? I heard that Poehina and you are finally dating."

I looked away to hide my flushed cheeks:

"We are just pretending.

-I figured. If you really did start dating, you wouldn't let her go for a second. But then when are you going to start dating for real?