Thirty-Nine

"Hey!" Suga wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She flinched slightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked. She nodded.

"I'm fine."

"I wanna show you something. Are you free today?" He smiled and squeezed her shoulders. She nodded.

"Sure." He kissed her forehead and pulled her along to their first period. She sat blankly through all of her classes, and she nearly ran with joy to lunch. Eunsuh was still mad at her, but she really didn't care. She put her head down on the table and closed her eyes.

"Tired?" Misook patted her back.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"Can we join you?" She looked up. Jin was smiling sweetly. He was accompanied by Suga and J-Hope. J-Hope smiled at her slyly. She narrowed her eyes at them.

"Sure!" Seungah invited immediately. Jin smiled, and sat down between her and Misook.

"Scoot." She murmured to him quietly. He asked Misook if she would mind moving over. She nodded shyly. She smiled at Misook, she was adorable. Suga sat down next to her, she rested her head on his shoulder. She could feel J-Hope's eyes on her, and she could feel Jin smiling. Suga wrapped his arm around her and put his head on top of hers. He chuckled softly,

"Hey."

"Hey." She breathed.

She met Suga after school. He took her hand and led her towards her house.

"I saw this on our way home a few days ago." He laughed excitedly. He pulled her off the sidewalk and under a tree.

"What?" She giggled.

"Lay down." He pulled her down on the grass beside her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Look at the leaves." He sighed. She looked up at the auburn leaves. They rustled pleasantly in the breeze. The tan, knobby branches were nearly bare. Some leaves were halfway green, morphing into the fire oranges and reds of autumn. The weak sun shone through the thin leaves and dappled her eyes. She looked over at Suga. He was staring up at the tree in amazement. It was just a tree. She really loved the way he could turn something so utterly ordinary into something beautiful. A leaf fluttered down and landed on his face. He blew it away from his face. She giggled and kissed his cheek, looking back up at the tree. They sat in silence for a long time. The dewy grass began to seep through her clothes, chilling her skin.

"My butts wet." She giggled. He burst out laughing

."What else?" She smacked him good-naturedly and sat up. He sat up and hugged her. She laughed and hugged him back. He fell down into her lap and looked up at her face. She kissed him and ran her fingers through his hair. His eyes looked especially wonderful in the spotted sunlight.

"Do you still feel up to going out with me and my friends?" He asked slowly. She nodded,

"It's fine."

"They're really okay once you get to know them. Jin seems to like you, Jungkook, V, J-Hope, and Jimin just need to warm up to you. Rapmon's really cool too, I'm sure he'll like you." He reassured her quickly. She nodded,

"I'm sure." She added the smallest note of sarcasm to her voice. He narrowed his eyes at her skeptically. She smiled half-heartedly and kissed his forehead.

"Let's go." She murmured. She stood and brushed herself off.

"Want a piggy back ride?" He asked mischievously. She laughed and nodded. She hopped on his back and he carried her home. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

How was that going to work out?