Chapter 19: Winning... Or Loseing

I laid on the ground watching the two guys circle each other before fighting. I quickly came up with a plan. I trusted Caleb even though he wanted me dead.
I slowly grabbed the knife that I had in my back pack for extra and I aimed at the careers heart. They were both so concentrated on each other they didn't even notice me. I threw the knife and the career collapsed to the ground and a cannon went off. Caleb looked surprised then looked at me.

I quickly got back up on my feet.
"You did that?" Caleb asked
"Yeah, what, did you think I would just watch you fight and then let the wining one kill me!" I said with a sudden burst of anger.

" It's ok Kaitlynn, your safe now." he said in a soft voice

"No!!" I yelled "Stay away from me!!" My anger turned into fear and I started bawling.

"It's ok it's just me" Caleb said putting his hands out and slowly walking towards me.

I just keep crying and eventually he was hugging me.

"Just kill me now!!" I yelled in between sobs.

" I'm not going to kill you." he said in a calm voice.

" Ok I'll kill myself" I said

"No, that's not necessary." He said again

"So... I'll kill you..." I said still with tears running down my cheeks.

"I don't know." He said still really calm. "I'll do it for you."

"What" I said in surprise as he grabbed his spear. "your going to kill me!"

"No" He said "Good bye"

Those were his final words as he speared himself.

"Nooooooo!!!!!" I screamed but I was too late, a cannon went off.

Once again I was crying and my heart was beating even faster than before. I'm having troubles processing what just happened. My head started to could up and my vision went black. I was really dizzy and all the sudden I heard my body hit the ground.

************************************
I woke up and all I could see was a bright light. Eventually the light went away and I see that I'm laying on a soft fluffy bed. I slowly get up and I have a splintering headache. I move towards the door and I realize that I'm back in the huge apartment I started out in.

I open the door and walk out. Rose and Colly are siting on the couch.

"I'm glad your awake!" Colly said in a nice voice.

I look at them blankly and my heart is beating faster.

"What happened?" I asked them

"You fainted in the hunger games and they brought you back here and said that the operated on your leg then you have to stay here till you wake up." Rose said.

"Ok, how long was I out?" I asked

" About two hours." Rose said "ohh yeah congratulations, there's a party tonight and your interview is tomorrow."

"Ok..." I said plainly as I started walking back to my room.

I looked in the closet to find a beautiful party dress there. It was a teal ballgown with a teal ribbon at my waist. It was sparkly just like my interview dress.

"Time to get ready!!!" I hear Colly say and I'm exited for the party but I also don't want to go to party.

"I'm a monster" I think to myself and I sit on my bed and start crying.