Chapter 172

Gu Yuanwai and his wife were not unaware of Wei Tang's death. When Gu Qingyun went there in person, they also felt that their son was too "respectful and virtuous", and they even asked about it afterwards.

At that time, the counterfeit still used Wei Tang to work in the Gu family for many years. Even if he made mistakes, the merits outweighed the mistakes. Although Gu Yuanwai and his wife felt that his son's words were far-fetched, it was hard to refute them, so the matter was over.

Now that Wei Tang's wife came to Gu's house with evidence of Wei Tang's death, a bad premonition faintly rose in Gu Yuanwai's and his wife's hearts. Could it be that Wei Tang's death was also related to it? If this is the case, then when Wei Tang was forced to resign from the Gu family, could there be other secrets?

Although he had doubts in his heart, in the face of Chu Xiaoyun's suspicious gaze, Gu Yuanwai quickly adjusted his state, and after his gaze responded, he cupped his hands and said to Wei Jinghan: "Of course. Wei Tang has worked in my Gu family for many years, and he has indeed worked hard; later There is a reason for regretting to leave. But I can assure you that our Gu family has never done anything shameful." The

latter words were clearly intended for Chu Xiaoyun.

Wei Jinghan didn't make a statement when he heard the words, but said: "Let's let people come in first."

Wei's mother entered the Gu family's mansion, and when she saw Gu Yuanwai and his wife, she moved slowly for a while, and her eyes showed deep defense and hostility. Sensing Wei's mother's hostility, Mr. Gu and his wife showed puzzled and apprehensive expressions.

The previous bad premonition deepened.

Seeing this, Wei Jinghan, who had been paying attention and observing all the time, invited Wei's mother to sit down first. Only then did Gu Yuanwai and his wife come to their senses, and hurriedly invited Wei's mother. Wei's mother met Master Wei and Chu Xiaoyun, and after another round of pleasantries, everyone sat down together.

"I don't know what evidence Mrs. Wei has to hand over to me and Butou Chu?" Wei Jinghan asked gently after everyone was seated.

Wei's mother took out a letter from her sleeve, and said solemnly and sadly: "My lord, the woman sorted out my master's belongings a few days ago and found this letter from the ledger." "Oh, who is this letter addressed to?

" What?" Wei Jinghan's expression became solemn, and the question pointed to the point, "Is it related to Wei Tang's death?"

Chu Xiaoyun, who was standing behind Wei Jinghan, immediately concentrated his attention.

"It's written to the Gu family—Yuan—Young Madam, Zhou Ying—" Wei's mother almost uttered these words through gritted teeth, and then her expression slowed down, "Perhaps, This is not a formal letter, but a confession letter from my master."

Hearing this, everyone in the room paused.

Wei's mother was very satisfied with the effect, and then continued: "As for whether the death of my master is related to the things mentioned in the letter, the women are just women, so I dare not speak nonsense, please make a clear judgment.

" With tears falling from time to time.

Seeing this scene, Chu Xiaoyun, who was eager to solve the case, made eye contact with Wei Jinghan, and after getting permission, he stepped forward and said softly, "Mrs. Wei, can I let Chu read this letter?" Wei's mother wiped her tears and said, "Of course, I will go to the Yamen to file a letter.

" Drum, I want to hand over this letter to you and Mr. Wei, the catcher of Chu. You are a well-known catcher, and Mr. Wei is a well-known master of Qingtian. I believe that the yamen will definitely give my master justice. "

After finishing speaking, he handed the letter in his hand to Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun took the envelope handed over by Wei's mother, took out the letter and quickly read it, with a gradually surprised expression on his face.

"What was written in the letter?" Wei Jinghan couldn't help being curious.

Gu Yuanwai and his wife at the side also looked at Chu Xiaoyun with anxiety and curiosity. They also want to know how many bad things that imposter has done under the Gu family's name, and they need to use the Gu family's reputation to clean up.

"Go back to your lord." Chu Xiaoyun cupped his hands, "Wei Tang described in his letter the doubts about how Mrs. Gu's young wife, Zhou Ying, withdrew money from him during his tenure as the shopkeeper of the Gu family." "What's suspicious?" Gu Yuanwai and his

wife Puzzled, "The storekeeper Wei was the witness of the borrowing of money at the beginning, and he confirmed that Yingzi had withdrawn thirty taels of silver from the cashier. Yun... that guy had a bad fight with Yingzi because of the money, and now I think it was that guy who was deliberately planning... "

Speaking of this, Mr. Gu lost his voice and said: "Could it be that the borrowing of money is a trap set by that guy?"

Wei's mother, who didn't know the truth about Gu Qingyun, was full of doubts and forgot to cry for a moment.

Chu Xiaoyun continued: "The shopkeeper Wei wrote in the letter that the young lady Zhou Ying's maid Xiuzhu went to withdraw the money at the beginning, saying that it was the order of the young lady. Later Wei Tang heard rumors from the servants that Gu Qingyun and his wife broke up. To a large extent, it was because of the withdrawal of money, the most important of which was withdrawn from his own hands; and he accidentally saw the ambiguity between Gu Qingyun and Xiuzhu, and had always been depressed. After being forced to resign from the Gu family, Lu When I met Zhou Ying and got his help, I remembered all the past and my current situation, and then I suddenly realized. Thinking that Zhou Ying disappeared at the beginning, it may not be an accident. After understanding the cause and effect, Wei Tang decided to wait for the Qingzhou government after a psychological struggle. When the business comes back, tell Zhou Ying the truth of the matter, and help him seek justice from Gu Qingyun."

Speaking of this, Chu Xiaoyun sighed: "Unfortunately, the shopkeeper Wei has never returned to this business in Qingzhou Prefecture."

Chu Xiaoyun was talking about all kinds of things in the letter with everyone, but his thoughts went back to the conversation with Zhou Ying at Wei Tang's funeral. Zhou Ying once said that day that Wei Tang told her before leaving that he knew one thing that could change Zhou Ying's fate. From now on, it seems that it was Xiuzhu's fraudulent withdrawal of money.

Two things are connected again.

It's just a pity that Wei Tang didn't know that Gu Qingyun was a fake, but he kindly thought that if he told the truth, he could return Zhou Ying's innocence, help her to seek compensation from the Gu family's family property, and let Gu Qingyun be punished by the law, but he didn't want to do it for him. This killed him. It is for this reason that Gu Qingyun pretended to sweep Wei Tang and his son out of the Gu family. He felt that the Wei family father and son were always a hidden danger, and was afraid that Wei Tang would realize the doubts about withdrawing the silver taels in the first place.

When Chu Xiaoyun told everything in the letter, Wei's mother couldn't help crying, pointing to Mrs. Gu and his wife, crying to Wei Jinghan and Chu Xiaoyun: "My master died in vain, it must be related to this. I want to seek justice for my husband, and I beg Master Wei and Butou Chu to make decisions for the old woman!" He

knelt down as he spoke, and lost the calmness he had when he first entered the room.

Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly went to help Wei's mother, and Gu Yuanwai and his wife had no time to digest all this, so Mrs. Gu hurriedly said to Wei's mother: "Sister-in-law of the Wei family, I, the Gu family, assure you that I have no intention of murdering the shopkeeper Wei. You I don't know, the so-called young master Gu who ordered Xiuzhu to withdraw money from the shopkeeper Wei and shoot the shopkeeper Wei to leave the Gu family is not my son Gu Qingyun at all. My poor Yun'er died five years ago when the Gu family's caravan was ambushed. I was dumped by that guy, and I have been living on the streets all these years without knowing it, and I have suffered so much..."

Speaking of her son, Mrs. Gu couldn't help crying. Mother Wei, who accused the Gu family before, was stunned by these words and forgot to cry.

Chu Xiaoyun helped Wei's mother up and said: "Madam Gu's words are true. Ever since the Gu family's guards were ambushed five years ago, the one who escaped from the dead is not the real Young Master Gu at all. Gu Qingyun, who has been in charge of the Gu family these years, may Gu Qingyun, who killed shopkeeper Wei, is a counterfeit. That guy has run away now, and the Yamen has issued a sea arrest document, and he will definitely be arrested." Mother Wei listened

to this fact far beyond her imagination with tears in her eyes. How to react.

All of this is so far away and so unbelievable to ordinary people, but there is no time to be sad now, Chu Xiaoyun had no choice but to interrupt the sad atmosphere in front of him: "Mr. Gu, Mrs. Gu, that Xiuzhu is here now." Where? Bao'er is the child of that impostor and Xiuzhu?"

Member Gu nodded hesitantly: "It should be. That guy told us that Bao'er was born to him and Xiuzhu. They lived in a place on the outskirts of the city. Another courtyard. Although Xiuzhu had a child at the beginning, the servant said verbally that he only had Xiuzhu in his heart, but he didn't mean to get married; thinking about Xiuzhu's identity, we... didn't ask, so the identity of Xiuzhu and Bao'er , Outsiders have no way of knowing, and only a few confidantes in the mansion know."

Knowing Xiuzhu's residence, Chu Xiaoyun immediately cupped his hands and said to Wei Jinghan: "My lord, my subordinates will go and arrest her immediately."

Wei Jinghan agreed.

Chu Xiaoyun immediately rushed to the Gu family's other courtyard in the suburbs of the county, but it was still a step late. When Chu Xiaoyun arrived, the other courtyard was already empty.

Unexpectedly, the counterfeit has some human feelings. Before running away, he did not forget to take his wife and children away. Chu Xiaoyun's heart is quite complicated.

The fake Gu Qingyun and Xiuzhu both ran away, and the sea arrest document had already been issued. Although there were people from the Six Doors responsible for arresting the murderer, Chu Xiaoyun could not wait for the results at the county government office, so he asked for orders to arrest him.

Wickingham agreed.

The several cases that Chu Xiaoyun has investigated before are all related to the Hu people, and he has also grasped many clues to the Hu people's dark lines. After tracing it, he will not be at a loss, and even have some experiences and insights that the Six Doors do not have. He returned to the yamen, quickly explained the affairs of the yamen, and formed a small team that has been in charge of hunting.

According to the clues of the Hu people's strongholds accumulated in previous cases and the newly discovered clues, Chu Xiaoyun took the hunting team newly formed by Wang Sanqiang and others to trace all the way, and took away many Hu people's strongholds. people meet.

In Taizhou, he first met the future helm of the Six Gates, Jie Xun.

Under the turbulent political environment of Dacheng, the six doors are still as stable as Mount Tai, and they have always practiced the purpose of the six doors for the country and the people. They are well-known in the Dacheng Dynasty, and there must be a helm as stable as Mount Tai. The old head has reached the age of disarming, and Chu Xiaoyun is not without imagination for his successor.

The initial insight is that when the Hu people's stronghold was cleared in Taizhou, it was probably because there was a large amount of pig iron there and it was too late to transport it away, and the Hu people's hidden stakes were particularly tenacious in their resistance. When Chu Xiaoyun and the others were gradually losing ground, Jie Xun came with six fans, like a divine soldier descending from the sky, giving life to the hard-working Hejing County police officers.

Xie Xun is indeed a courageous, resourceful and heroic person. No wonder he was able to take over the Six Doors at a young age. At this time, Chu Xiaoyun commented on Xie Xun. Although the two god catchers are thousands of miles apart in status, they met each other very late, and they hit it off right away after getting acquainted.

The two parties converged and cleared the Hu people's stronghold in Taizhou. During the rest, they shared and integrated the information they had, and locked the scope of the target's escape in a small city on the border of Dacheng—Jiuhua. The two teams followed the clues all the way to Jiuhua, a small town on the border of Dacheng, and took away the last stronghold of the Hu people in Dacheng that they knew, but also lost all traces of the fake Gu Qingyun.

That fake Gu Qingyun just disappeared from the world.

"I didn't expect that we chased here, but still found nothing, and we didn't even figure out the identity of that fake Gu Qingyun! I have never been in such a mess before, I am really ashamed." Standing on the wall of Jiuhua

City , looking in the direction of the barbarians, Xie Xun sighed.

Looking at the gloomy sky in the north, Chu Xiaoyun felt no less guilty than Xie Xun: "Master Xie is serious. This person's case was handled by Chu, but Chu didn't discover the hidden truth. It was Chu who was negligent."

With such a result, Chu Xiaoyun was the one who felt the worst. Six Doors was only involved in this case when he was arrested, and since he crossed over, every case he has experienced is more or less related to Hu people, and his dealings with the fake Gu Qingyun started from the case of occupying his wife . Ashamed, no one is more ashamed than him.

Hearing Chu Xiaoyun's remarks, Jie Xun comforted him in turn: "Sometimes, it's not that we are negligent, but the opponent is too cunning. But I believe that the truth will always come to light one day, and we will always bring the murderer to justice." Even if we lost track of our opponent today, Xie also believes that this is definitely not the final result." "What

Mr. Xie said is true." Xie Xun's words were righteous and full of fighting spirit, and Chu Xiao Yun was encouraged, and the haze in his heart dissipated a little.