Chapter 24 (Aarons POV)

The woman I love - yes I do admit - was sitting right next to me as we drove to the downtown area to visit her friends bakery. We conversed randomly through out the ride and decided to play our favourite sings alternatively. According to the maps, we were 10 minutes away from our destination and so Emily took out some products from her purse and opened up the sun visor to use the fitted mirror.
"What are you doing."
"Final touches to my makeup before I step out in the world."
"Woahhhh! But just to remind you, you look beautiful the way you are Em." She looked affectively with her glittering eyes right into mine sending shivers down my spine. One by one she took out quite a lot of products from her mini bag. I wonder how did she fit them all in.
"Hey, how many of these do you have in here?"
"Umm around 7 to 8."
"God, how do they fit in this mini thing?"
"It's a magic only girls know Dr Aaron."
I brought my hands up to surrender. Girls are built different man.

I love watching her. The way she pouts to apply her lipstick on and the way she voluntarily smiles widely while applying - what do you call - blush on her cheeks, she looks adorable and it makes me wanna hold her tight and never let go.
"Umm like how do people drive? According to the rules I think you keep your eyes on the road. Isn't it?" She stated so sarcastically. I like it.
"Umm, actually mam, I do keep my eyes on the road but it's an exception today cause a continuous beautiful distraction is sitting right next to me and I couldn't take my eyes off. What do we do in this case? Asking for a friend."
"Then safety for that beautiful distraction is also required. So eyes on the road."
"Noted."
Though not noted, I did some side eye watching.
"Shit." She said the instant she peeked into her phone.
"What's wrong."
"It's a message from Stas. Due to some emergency thing, she had to leave with Daniel and so she closed the shop." She sighed.
"Hey it's ok. But who's Daniel?"
"Oh yes Daniel. He's her boyfriend. And it's not ok. I wanted cupcakes." She cried.
"We can visit some other day maybe."
"I am sorry. The night just got ruined."
"It's ok Em." I took her hand into mine and settled them onto my thigh.
"And also. We can save the night. Maybe not your friends tonight but we can meet mine. They all are in my friend Jason's bar. It's 10 minutes away from here. We can join them. You like bars?"
"Yes I do love bars but are you sure about it?"
"Yes absolutely.A hundred percent, we can go. It's all up to you. Whatever you like."
"Am I underdressed?"
"Em. I've said this before and I'll say it once again. You look beautiful this way and you're all ready to go. Only if you want though. You can think think about it if you want."
"Let's go. Maybe. I mean yes we can go, but I don't know if they'll like me coming, and like why am I with you, it isn't like we're together or someth-"
"Emily, don't get nervous. We can go if you want okay. Don't think about it much. They'll love you I promise. Just say Yes or No and I'll drive in that direction or el-"
"Yes."
I held her hand in answer to this and gave it a quick squeeze of comfort.
Usually, I don't like going to the bars, neither do I like to drink much. My friends do insist and so I visit them at the bar occasionally but today I, without a single thought asked Emily out to the bar with my friends just so I could spend more time with her. My mind, my heart, my eyes, my body, neither of them wanted to drop her off this quick.

We reached the bar in the estimated time. I quickly got off and reached the other side of the car to hold the door for Emily while I handed over the car keys to the valet. Then we moved passed the bouncers and entered a hell of a crowded bar with loud music, blasting from wall to wall troubling my ears. At one end people were dancing like there's no tomorrow while groups of people all around swayed their bodies with the ongoing rhythm.

I placed my hand on Emily's small on the back and lead her from in between the crowds towards the far end of the bar, at the booth where we always sit.
"Hey guys. Look who's here." Jason shouted.
"Hi men. What's up." I met with each of them one by one while all of them had a questioning face.
"Uh, boys meet Emily. Emily they are Jason, Vijay, Keith, Deren and his girlfriend Jasmine." The exchanged their greetings while Jason ordered us some drinks.
"Come on Mr surgeon. You'll have some extra shots tonight."
"Sorry mate but absolutely not. Tight on schedule."
"Such a boring little boy you are." Daren exclaimed.
"I hope Emily isn't like this. Emily what will you have next. It's your first time in this bar that to with our grumpy friend who never ever brought someone. You must be special so drinks on the house tonight boys."
"Wooohhhhhhooooooo 2 more tequila shots hey you."Keith screamed his lungs out. This guy is already drunk.
Emily and Jasmine were busy having their conversation while I was busy staring at her.
"I'm happy for you Aaron. Finally you have someone."Deren said as he patted my back.
"Guys, it's nothing like that for now. Shes my assistant at the hospital. Relax."
"Look here Dr Aaron." Vijay ordered.
"You've never brought a girl with you. That too you've never ever mentioned someone. She's the only one you brought in and introduced and I see the way you look at her. Accept it man. Let it be." Vijay conversed. I had to words to reply with so I gave him a fist bump. He's right though.
I went to the other side of the table to speak with Emily.
"Hey, you good?" She nodded with a yes.
"Stay here okay. I'll be right back."
"What?"
I leaned and tucked her hair behind as I brought my mouth closer to her ear.
"Stay here okay. I'll be back in a moment."
"But where are you going."
"Just some work. I'll be back in 15 ok?"
"Umm come quick ok."
I held her hand and gave it a tight squeeze in reply.