Coming to Terms - Chapter 11

Robert's POV:

I woke up with a yawn and looked around, seeing Roy sleeping on his side of the fort. But I don't see Ross, I can see his legs though. And I can feel that I'm not laying on a pillow or blanket. Then it hits me.

I got tired while watching Ponyo and felt myself lean my head on something but I wasn't sure what. I was so tired I didn't even pay attention to what it was I leaned on, I just know I felt comfortable and passed out. But now I'm realizing that it's Ross I fell asleep on.

I sit up and look behind me to confirm. Ross was there sleeping. Why didn't he move me, or wake me up? Roy is so gonna make fun of us for this. But I was really comfortable.

I notice it's still kind of dark so I pull my phone out from my pocket to check the time. I wince my eyes from the brightness and quickly turn it down. It's only six in the morning?! Dang, I shouldn't have fell asleep so early. Now I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep.

I look back at Ross and notice his head positioned in a way that would make his neck hurt once he woke up so I scoot closer to him and lay his head down on his pillow, since he was kinda sitting up before. His neck is probably still gonna hurt because it's been like that for so long but at least he's more comfortable now.

I look at his face and find myself kind of just... admiring it. I place one of my hands on top of his hair and run through it. It's smooth and soft now that it's clean. Wait a minute, what am I doing? I'm doing the same thing Ross did to me yesterday night. I can't think of any other reason I would be doing this, except for if I liked him.

...Do I like him?

I think I do.. but I can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing. But of course I fell for him, and it's kinda shocking I'm now realizing this. He's been there for me through thick and thin, defending me from bullies, listening to my rambles and even now with my issues at home. And I've always liked his calmish, laid-back yet adventurous attitude. He's incredibly supportive, considerate, caring, and I could go on. I like how he's introverted with others but once he's with me and Roy he's able to ramble on and say the most out of pocket stuff. How his favorite superhero is Batman, as random as that is. And I've always found him handsome, I guess I've just never come to terms with it until yesterday. I love his V-shaped smile, his unique black hair with spiky ends that just poke out from behind his ears, the top that's a bit more wavy than the ends, and how his hair shines midnight blue when we're outside. The faces he makes in certain situations, cold hands, his mesmerizing black eyes that you could easily get lost into, his sense of style-

"Robert?"

I flinch and look at where the voice came from, snapping out of my thoughts. It was Roy. I quickly move my hand away from Ross' hair, feeling my face burn up and smile awkwardly at Roy.

"Oh hey Roy!" I awkwardly say to him.

Roy looks around then back at me. "What are you doing?" he asks tiredly.

"Uhh, there was cheeto dust in Ross' hair so I was taking it out."

He frowns. "You know how long I was watching? You're telling me it took you that long to get cheeto dust out his hair?" he starts questioning.

We stay in the fort in silence, awkwardly staring at each other.

Let me think about this, he probably saw me fall on top of Ross and he just now saw me running my fingers through Ross' hair. There's no way I could explain this without it sounding... kinda gay. But maybe that's not a bad thing. I have been wanting to come out to him and Ross for a while now so maybe talking to Roy first would be good.