Chapter 23: Life must go on

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were." - Khalil Gibran

(Unedited)

Penthouse, Grand Carlston Hotel

[Rafael POV]

It's been a month since she left and the whole time, days, I didn't go to work. Katherine was very helpful the whole time and she comes everyday to clean my messes since I didn't want Tanya to come too and clean my penthouse. Katherine insist to do it and I didn't bother to argue. She was very helpful. Even the lawsuits I filed for the insurance agency, I had abandoned it. I don't want to do anything. For the whole month, lucky me if I'm sober or my system has not been touch with an alcohol. It has been my company for the time being. I was always drunk. Katherine had forced me to eat at least but she can't stop me drinking. She had cussed me a lot of times how weak and stubborn I am but I don't care. My life is meaningless. What's to live for? Bella and my child left me!! She never cared for me. The next day I came to find her, she was gone and worst my guard saw her with a tall guy in a suit and I'm assuming that's the guy Eric she was talking about that night. So she was fallen in love with another guy and she ditch me.

"I hate that I still love you Bella. Why am I so stupid to believe that you do love me!" as I chuckled on my own Idiocy.

I swigged the last content of my whiskey and lay flat on the couch. I don't know what time is it or what day is it? I was laying there feeling nothing and minds wandering away, where me and only Bella exist, where we are both in love and care nothing about anything else. My tears welled up not just once and streams down my cheeks freely.

Suddenly, I jerked up with the loud bang of the door, showing my angry Dad walking to my direction grimly. Mom was following behind him worriedly.

"What is this nonsense I hear about ..." my father stopped and looked at me in utter disbelief. Mom was pinching the bridge of her nose, utterly disgusted.

"What is the smell of your place Rafael? Smells like a rotten cell!!!" Mom uttered in displeased furrowing her head and cringing her nose once in a while. She walk to the glass window wall and pulled the thick heavy curtain to the side to let the sun rays peak through the window to brighten the place. I dragged myself to the bar to get another drink when Dad grab my arm and tossed me back to the couch. I'm already drunk so I tumbled on the couch and I tried to get up again ignoring them when Dad yelled at me angrily. I haven't seen him angry like this.

"Katherine called us that you were here in your place sulking!!!! I didn't raise you to be like that. A LOSER!" Dad gruffly shouted glaring at me furiously. And I cringed for the first in my life dealing with my Dad.

"There's no point in living Dad! There's nothing I really wanted so badly and she's gone and with my child!" I cried clenching my jaw after.

"Do you think that will solve your problem? Drinking trouble out and slowly dying? Is that what you think??" He replied darkly staring at me with disgust.

"She eloped with another guy Dad! What do you want me to do??" I asked bitterly as I tried to get up and thinking to get another drink.

"JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE BASTARD!" Dad gave me a stern look. "Listen to me. I expect of you no more than a drunken fool!! So get yourself cleaned and straighten yourself. Stop drinking and face your problem! You do not have proof that she eloped, SO GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND FIND YOUR FIANCEE!!!!" He gruffly said and called Mom to leave. Mom gave me a warning look and soon followed Dad out of the door.

Dad is right. I have no proof that she eloped with someone. What did I do. I just gave up just like that..

I decided to have a cold shower. I looked at myself on the mirror and I look like a monster. My beard had grown long. Dark circles under my eyes and bloodshot eyes. I lose a bit weight, with paled skin. I shave and then climb in the shower and started taking a shower scrubbing every corner of my body.