3. Was that so hard

So sorry I didn't update on Friday or Saturday I was super busy. Enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

"We've got nothing"

"You've got to be kidding me."

"We've been here two days, two freaking days and we've got nothing!?"

"Dude calm down."

"Don' tell me to calm down. We can't find these people, we've been sitting here for two days, and little miss-know-it-all just stays holed up in her room all day not helping in any way, shape, or form." Let's take a minute to think boys...now whose fault is that?

I decide to tune them out. It's not like they're helping me anyway and I had everything I needed. I apply the charcoal black lipstick over my lips before placing it in my purse. I glance at myself in the mirror. Not bad.

I slip my feet into a pair of heeled black boots with rime stones on the sides and around the rim. My hair is pulled up into a slicked back ponytail as usual, with a diamond clip for that look of elegance. My makeup is sort of dark and mysterious with a smoky eye look and thick black eyeliner. Black hoop earrings in my ears. Of course, then there's the dagger strapped to my leg, the six throwing knives in my boots, and the handgun in my purse.

I walk into my closet and pull out my floor-length black coat, (what can I say? The color black goes with anything) and slip it on over my dress. My dress is floor length as well, and black (no surprise there) with a single strap over my left shoulder, rime stones embellish the right side along with a long slit, and it is mostly open back. Definitely wouldn't be my choice in a dress but for where I'm headed it will do nicely.

I slip on the coat concealing the dress completely and stalk down the stairs while tying the sash. I grab my phone to check the time. Damn it I'm ten minutes early. I punch in the familiar number on my phone and hold it up to my ear as it rings.

"Hello?"

"How far out is the driver?" I ask

"I don't know about seven minutes, why?"

"Great," I grumble "Thanks." And with that I press end.

"Where the hell are you going?" I groan as I turn to face Cody.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Must you know my every move? That's a tad bit stalkerish if you ask me." I retort "If I didn't know any better id say you were a possessive ex-boyfriend."

"Very funny, now where are you going looking like a raccoon?"

I place my hand over my heart dramatically, "You wound me, truly I'm wounded," I say sarcastically "I'm meeting up with someone."

"You're going on a DATE!"

"Yes I'm going on a date in the middle of a mission," I roll my eyes "No stupid. I've got a lead and I'm following it."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

I raise an eyebrow at him. Is he serious? "Please tell me that was a joke," I state in a bored tone.

"It's not"

"Then let's recite the last conversation we had shall we? It went something along the lines of this, and I quote 'Nobody wants you here so why don't you go back to the hole you crawled out of and leave us alone.' Hence the reason I didn't tell you, you told me to stay away."

"Not when it comes to information about the mission." He retorts, if this were a cartoon there would be smoke coming out of his ears by now I telling ya.