Chapter 69

Angie came into the room while holding a cup with both hands. I had been making it very clear all day that I was mad at her so I thought she brought me something sweet to make peace. I didn't want to show it but I was curious about what was in the cup and licked my lips even before Angie handed me the liquid.

"I brought you something."

I put my book down and thanked Angie before taking the cup. I immediately started drinking but almost spit it out immediately.

"What is this?"

Angie suddenly grabbed the cup before staring at it with a frown:

"I am sorry. They said that honey would help with the taste but I don't think I put enough in it."

Angie turned around and left while I just stared at her with a frown. I had no idea what had just happened but soon Angie came back with another cup that she handed me. I was so lost that I took it without saying anything and tasted it with caution this time. The taste was still horrible but I didn't dare tell the truth because Angie was staring at me with shining eyes. Therefore I did my best to smile:

"It's way better. I like it, thank you."

Angie started beaming and I could almost see a weight falling off her shoulders.

"This should help you to sleep."

I understood that this wasn't just a make up tea and frowned:

"What do you mean?"

Angie smiled, seeming to think that everything was arranged now:

"These herbs are known for helping people with insomnia. If you drink a cup before going to bed you shouldn't have any problem falling asleep.

-Is this what you have been working on all day?"

Seeing Angie nod, I put the cup down:

"So I take it you decided to absorb my pain even if that means not sleeping with me.

-Don't worry, you shouldn't have any problem sleeping with this tea.

-I don't care about the tea. I only said all that because I didn't want you to absorb my pain. I won't let you do it."

Angie's eyes suddenly turned green.

"I won't let you be in pain.

-Then I won't drink the tea.

-Then I will find another solution.

-There is no solution. You won't absorb my pain.

-I will."

Angie's eyes turned red and I had never seen her so determined before. She had always been very stubborn about protecting me even as Orange but seeing her do the same as Astéria was something else. I would have laughed at anyone else standing up to the female lead but I wasn't going to budge. Never.

"You won't.

-This is a statement, not a demand.

-What? Are you going to force me to do something I don't want to do?"

Angie's eyes turned suddenly white but they soon regained their red color, looking somewhat pink.

"You can't be in pain.

-But it's okay for you to be?

-Yes.

-This is exactly the same conversation we had last time. I am not going to let you be in pain. Especially not because of me."

I could see on Angie that she wasn't going to change her mind either so I just nodded. I wasn't going to tell her when I got my period. We would see who would win this fight. Angie shouldn't underestimate me.