evidence

Stella walked into the front door at midnight. The sky was dark and rich, but the streets were full of life. She was tired, and barely mustered through conversation with Blair and Matty, who were cuddled on the sofa in the main room.

"Hello there," Blair said as Stella shrugged off her jacket. Matty simply nodded. "How were things with Bo?"

She floated into the room, weightless and enamored. She heaved a long sighed before letting a smile sneak onto her face. "I'm in love and I can finally say it confidently."

She recalled sitting with Bo in his bedroom, his mother yelling down the hall every now and then to ask if they wanted tea or sliced fruit. They kissed and hugged and cried a bit. She said she was sorry for not being able to admit it earlier and he said the same, but they were both relieved that they could finally say it. They loved each other and it made them feel warm.

"I'm so happy for you, babe." Blair said.

"But, all this feeling has left me tired. I'm going to turn in for the night." She meandered to her bedroom door before hanging an arm from the frame. "Try not to giggle too loudly, you muckers."

Stella disappeared into her bedroom, sighing and falling against her door. She leaned her head back in a dream like state as her head started to pound with the song that would close out a rom-com from the noughties. Jesus, she thought, sort of pathetic.

She flopped onto her bed and pulled her phone from her pocket in one fell swoop, wasting no time to open the photos app. Stella furiously swiped through photos of her and Bo. In every photo, he was either leaning towards her, smiling at her or looking at her lips. 

She scrolled past to the day where she and Bo dropped Blair off at the airport before her trip out to New York. It was a just quick selfie before Blair slipped past the doors to get through security. The three of them staring at Stella's bright pink phone and smiling. The live photo showed Bo looking immediately at Stella after the flash and making a move to wipe the tear from her eye.