The Calm

...

"Well, I guess there's no teacher out there that would be better than me. "
Midoriya thought to himself, exiting his office and running down to a storage room.

He found an antique sofa chair, it was his favorite one as a middle schooler and after upgrading his office he no longer had a place for it to go.

He lifted it up and dragged it right back to his office like how he once had dragged it right down into the storage room.

He placed it where Eri liked to stand and got to cleaning it up.

He got rid of any cobwebs and stains that could've been in there before cleaning off the dust that had also been building up slightly.

Once he was done, he was left with a nicely polished sofa chair.

"Perfect."
He said, wiping the sweat off his forehead.
"Now when she comes tomorrow, she'll no longer have to stand around."
He paused, looking around at his office at the many things he had slightly altered because of her.

Sharp corners were either sanded down or had plastic covers placed for protection, the glass coffee table was replaced with a much nicer marble table, he kept more candy in his drawers as well as more toys, and overall the room was made much more child safe.
His weapons weren't easily accessible to little grabby hands, and all poisons were stored away.

"...when did I do all of this?"
He thought to himself, looking at his hands which held the rags used to clean the chair.
"Just how much did I change for her?

...I said I wouldn't let myself get attached, what am I doing??

This only puts her in severe danger, she's meant to go to an orphanage once my plans are over.

...but an orphanage?
Those places aren't any good, I'd have to change how they operate and give them loads more funding that have no way of being embezzled.

What if the other kids there bully her?

I can't send her to an orphanage.

But keeping her with me puts her in a load of danger.
And she doesn't even know I'm a villain yet, and once she finds out I doubt our relationship is staying the same.
I could lie to her, but if she ever finds out about it, she'd resent and hate me. "
Midoriya thought to himself in a back and forth argument with himself.

He'd have one everyday regarding his decisions with Eri, he kept going against his word despite what he kept telling himself.
But he just couldn't help it.

_________________________________________

"woah is this for me?"
Eri asked, her eyes looming over the chair that stood in her favorite spot.

Midoriya hummed before response, "yep, you no longer have to stand around"
He replied, handing her a piece of candy.

She looked up at him, joy overflowing in her heart beyond what could be captured in words.
The corners of her mouth tugged, and tugged, and tugged, and tugged so hard that she full on smiled.

It was a bright smile, a smile that rivaled the sun, a smile that could light up the darkest of rooms alone.

Midoriya's eyes slightly widened, "that was the first time I've ever seen her smile"
He thought to himself, smiling a bit too as he couldn't help it.
He quickly hid it with his hands and sat back down at his desk.

"Heya!"
A voice cheered from the door.

Midoriya looked up, his hand still discreetly covering his mouth.
"Hawks?"
He asked.