Chapter 14 (Part 1)

Authors Note : Sorry this took so long, I've been busy. I'm not completely happy with this chapter cause it's a bit predictable. But this is a fiction story soooo.... anyway enjoy & give feedback. Stay tuned for Chapter 14 pt 2. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassie P.O.V

The cookout was in full swing, We had invited anyone passing to come join us and they had called friends to come also. So we had about 100 people crowding our small beach dancing, drinking and chilling. I decided to join in a game of volleyball with Lauren, Amina and a few others. My team was winning and it was hilarious to watch Lauren run around trying to hit the ball.

"I never learned to play stop making fun of me!" Lauren pouted at me. Her short ass looked so cute in her little one piece. I kissed her forehead.

"Come on we're starting again!"

I turned my attention back to the game. The score was tied 2-2. The ball came toward Lauren and she jumped and hit it as hard as she could. It went flying sideways and rolled off into the woods.

Amina and I both ran after it into the woods.

"I got this!" I told Amina. She smirked, "I would believe you but you're a little slow so I'm going to help you."

I laughed & looked around, "I know it couldn't have gone far Lauren can't hit that badly... or that good."

"Is this yours?"

I looked up and saw Janelle holding the ball.

"Um yeah." I took the ball from her and my hands grazed over hers. She visibly flinched.

"What are you doing in the woods?" I asked.

"I was going to join the cookout, I could smell it from my house and a friend texted me to come."

"Oh ok, How- how have you been?" I asked.

"Good, successful." She smiled.

"I checked out a few of your books they were pretty good."

"Really? Thank you, how have you been?

"Pretty good, just working as usual."

Amina put her hands on her hips, "Come on Cassie you don't have to be nice to this heffa, she's the one who up and left you just because of a damn argument ." She grabbed my arm & pulled.

Janelle laughed, "Oh is that what she told you? Maybe ask your friend to tell you the truth." She smirked and Amina raised an eyebrow at me,

"The truth?"

"She doesn't mean anything by that she's just being a bitch." I mumbled

"Oh I'm a bitch!?" Janelle's eyes shot daggers.

"Cassie don't lie to me, what's the real reason she left you?" Amina jumped in.

I exhaled and rubbed my forehead.

"It's because she used to beat me." Janelle turned to Amina. "Until I couldn't deal with it anymore. That's why I left. So maybe know the truth before snapping on the victim." She turned and walked back through the woods.

Amina punched me in the shoulder, "What the hell Cassidy!!"

"Amina I-"

"I set you up with my girlfriends sister for God's sake!" She put her hands on the side of her face. "Have you been hitting her!? Cassie I swear to god if you have I'm gonna kick your ass--"

"NO AMINA LISTEN DAMN."

"What!"

"I've been in anger management counseling since then, no I haven't hit Lauren she knows about this."