Twenty Six [The Twist]

Ella

It's been two weeks and Vincenzo Romano hasn't shown up. He just disappeared after our argument. I am trying to contact him and his calls are unreachable.
What does he want?

I was sitting in my cozy living room when the door suddenly opens after a loud bang and a gang of mobsters brims into my penthouse and there stood a lady in black silky tight pants with a red leather jacket on. She has the smirk of a devil and her eyes are on me.

"You finally betrayed me by going to Vincenzo." She lets's out a loud laugh which made me tremble to the core.

She sighs then approaches close to me, "Don't you get it pretty lady? He isn't the right person for you." She shakes her head then presses her lips and shrugs, "why do you want to be dead!" She giggles.

Then leans close to me and grabs my arm.

"Let's go."

"Where?" I ask her.

"To the door of death!" She says through a thick Russian accent.

"You can't force me, Anneliese." I drag my arm from her grip. Tilting her head she gives me a cold glare.
"Come on, I'll show you something which will astonished you." She giggles, "Someone." She mumbles. "One of your family member is under my hold." She utters.

"Who?" I shake my head. My father? Stepmother? Sister? Why would I care about them?

"Whoever it is...it's your dear one. More like a well-wisher." She motions her hand in the air as she explains.

My brows stitch together, and I disagree with her, "I have nobody. I don't understand what the hell you are talking about."

"Just give me one chance to prove you that Vincenzo is betraying you by using you." She prompts as she takes one step close to me.

"I know I am no saint, Ella. I am the bad girl." She closes her eyes then open it again. "I am urged to do all these shit but if I am pleading you to believe me once—just believe me. I am not the villain. I want to lead you on the right track."

Should I really believe her?

"Your mother was Russian." She says, and my eyes meet hers. How does she know?

"Yes."

She smirks. "Follow me." She orders.

We go downstairs, and I get in her car, and she drives me to an unknown place. My heart is beating fast, and my mind is currently a roller coaster. I don’t have a glimpse of idea what is going on.

Anneliese stops the car in front of a mansion. "Just one step from here, your entire life can change: your point of view and the reason you are surviving." She says in a soft voice before I open the door.

"What do you mean? You are confusing me."

"Vincenzo got you involved in the mafia life. How do you feel about it?" She asks me a simple question which was quite hard for me to respond.

I gulp down then gaze at her, "I loathe it. This is not my thing."

"It's just one percent..." She pauses then mutters, "After you'll walk inside this mansion—you will be completely involved in the mafia life."

"You can't force me! I am not doing anything like this." I argue.

"I will not urge you on doing it, but you'll be doing it by yourself." She adds.

"What is behind this door?"

Her lips tick on one side, "Let's explore it." She gets out of the car and I do the same.