Round 19 Write: Leaving on a Jet Plane

—————The Story—————

And then there were three. Congratulations to each of you for making it this far!

The three days with your objects are up, so I've rounded them all up on a jet plane. You know, the one that crashed into the stadium the very first day this camp started? Well, the pilot decided to head back down to Earth and retire, so I fixed it up and now it's mine. Anyway, we've been flying around the world for a while now dropping your objects off at their homes.

No, not literally. I don't want to run the risk of getting the camp sued.

Anyway, as you three know, we've just finished dropping the last object off at their house. It got pretty late by the time we were done and our pilot (me) would probably fall asleep trying to get the plane back to the stadium, so we decided to fly to a nearby town to crash there for the night and check into a local inn.

I woke up earlier than the rest of you since I had to do some pre-flight checks and make sure the plane's all ready for our return. Unfortunately, however, the local airport accidentally burnt down to the ground, and I had to evacuate the plane to the airport in the city instead. (By the way, if you find any matches near my bed, they weren't mine, I swear.)

I have to stay at the airport and fill out some paperwork for my plane concerning the emergency evacuation, so your penultimate challenge, contestants, will be to meet me at the city airport. Good luck!

Oh, yeah, and one more thing I should mention.

We're on the other side of the world.

—————The Challenge—————

Yeah, that last object we dropped off was related to the eliminated contestant, and they're apparently temporarily staying on the complete opposite side of the planet from the stadium. You know what that implies, right? That means that the locals here speak in words that you don't understand, with texts and signs that you can't read, and customs and practices that you're unfamiliar with.

Your challenge, contestants, is to make your way through both the town and the city so you can meet me at the airport. I'll probably be in some obscure office or something there and I'll probably be stuck there for quite a while, so you won't be able to find me. Just wait for me in the area right after airport security, and I'll meet you there at the start of the next challenge.

—————The Rules—————

• You must write a story detailing your journey both through the rural town (where the inn's located) and the urban city (where the airport's located) so you can get through airport security.

• You can write about practically anything in your story (pulling tools out of your non-existent pockets, flying, using magic, etc.), including your fellow contestants. However, the general landscape of reality must not be shattered, bent, changed, etc. by the end of it.

[+] You do not understand the local culture or language. After all, you're on the total opposite side of the world.

[+] Remember, you're all starting at the inn where you slept the night before. Whether this information is helpful to you or not depends on you.

[+] Although you can't understand the local culture or language, you can tell enough about your surroundings to realize that the town is rural, while the city is urban. Make sure to account for the culture difference in your entries.

• Stories are due by the 17th of May, two weeks from now.

• If all stories are submitted early, then I may start the Whack phase early as well.

• Any violation of these rules will result in automatically being up for elimination.

If you have any questions about the challenge, don't be afraid to ask me. If I feel like it's of general interest to the rest of the contestants, I'll add it here.

—————The Goal—————

This round's goal: MOST VIVID

I want to really get the feel of your experiences in this rural-urban wilderness. Paint the picture in my mind of the struggles you went through to get to the airport. The contestant with the highest rank will be immune from elimination.

—————The Prizes—————

✓ Rank 1: Immunity.
Everyone else: Up for elimination.

—————The Lesson—————

This challenge has the same goal as the Warm-Up, so review that lesson and use Grammarly.

Good luck, contestants! Ready, set, write!