Chapter 13

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, 'cause I sure as hell loved writing it!

________________________________________

Harry's POV:

She looked annoyed as she played with the ends of her light brown hair, a frustrated look on her flawless face. She was sitting underneath a tree, staring off into space. Wearing a grey beanie under her perfectly straightened hair, light blue skinny jeans, a grey tee that had black full sleeves, and black ankle boots. Elena bit her bottom pink lip as she let out a sigh through her nose, and I approached her.

(Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=75005989 )

"You okay?" I ask her.

Elena looks up at me, startled, as her blue eyes bore into my green ones. She lets out a sigh of relief when she sees it's me, and gives off a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine," she says, but I can tell easily that she's lying.

I shake my head slightly as I slide down and sit next to her under the tree, turning my head to look at her. "Don't lie to me, Carter," I say in a somewhat playful tone, nudging my shoulder with hers.

She cracks a small smile, then lets out a sigh. "My parents came back earlier this morning," she says. "And it hasn't really been that great."

My eyebrows furrowed. "How come?"

"It's a really stupid reason," Elena shakes her head.

"C'mon," I give her a small smile. "You can tell me."

"I just..." Elena trails off. "You know how I like taking pictures?" she asks and I nod. "Well, my parents found out I'm saving some money to buy myself a Polaroid camera, and they sort of blew up on me."

I frowned. "What did they say?"

Elena shrugs. "They said how I'm just gonna be wasting money, and that I don't need to waste my time on taking pictures when I should be focusing on my studies." She rolls her blue eyes. "My parents are so impractical and annoying, it's ridiculous."

My frown deepened. I knew how much Elena loved taking pictures, it was her main hobby, and she was good at it. And her parents are basically disapproving of her love for it, which sucks. It sucks knowing that you love something, and your parents, the two people that are supposed to support you in any decision you make, don't approve of it.

"You should've seen the looks they had given me when they found out about the camera," Elena chuckles bitterly. "They were looks of disgust." My face drops. "I mean, what's so bad about taking pictures? What's so bad about becoming a photographer? Sure, it's no doctor or lawyer, but it's fun."

"Then go for it," I tell her.

Elena shakes her head sadly. "They want me to become a lawyer or a doctor. Something in those fields."