My Eighteenth Birthday

A/N: hey guys this is my first book so its not going to be perfect or amazing.

My life was good. I was happy. But I still felt like a part of me was missing, but what it was I didn't know. Then I met him and my life changed forever.

I woke up with a smile on my face. Today was the day that I had waited for since I was six. "I'm eighteen today" I whispered to myself. I practically jumped out of bed. I picked out a purple dress and black flats. I curled my dark brown hair into ringlets that fell nearly down to the middle of my back. Finally I put on some mascara (I don't like to wear foundation or anything else) and I was ready for the day.

"Elena!!" I heard my mom calling my name from the other side of the door. "Elena! Sweetie are you up?" she asked from the hallway.

"Yeah mom! Come in!" I yelled at her. The door slowly opened and I turned round to see my moms head peeking through. When her eyes finally found me she smiled at me and gasped. "OMG! Elena sweetie you look so pretty. I'm not used to you having your hair curled" I smiled back at her, she had a big grin on her face.

"That's because I always wear it straight. I just fancied a change today" I replied.

"Your father, Matt and Ruby are waiting downstairs to see you. Be quick, you know how your father gets if has to wait too long for his breakfast" my mom rolled her eyes and walked over to me, she kissed my forehead "Happy birthday sweetie"

"Thanks mom. I'll be down in a minute"

She smiled before she left the room. Leaving me to finish getting ready. I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs. As soon as I stepped into the kitchen my six year old sister Ruby jumped up from her seat and ran to me. I swiftly picked her up and spun her around. She kissed my cheek and whispered happy birthday in my ear.

My big brother Matt stood up next and this time it was me being lifted off my feet and spun around in the air. He put me back on the ground and pulled me into one of his bear hugs. "Happy birthday sis"

"Thanks Matt. Now do you think you could let go of me. I can't breathe" I squeaked.

He let me go and I took in a big breath of air. "Sorry" he looked at me sheepishly. I rolled my eyes at him "No problem Mattie"

He narrowed his eyes at me, he really didn't like being called Mattie. I smiled at him and stuck my tongue out at him before I walked over to where my father was sat.

"Hey munchkin"

"Hey daddy" I kissed him on the forehead before taking my seat next to him like I do every morning. We all sat and had breakfast just like any other normal day.

Before I knew it, it was time for school. I jumped into Matts car just like I do everyday. He always dropped me off at school on his way to work. He pulled up outside the school gates and I got out of the car and waved by as he drove off. "Hey birthday girl" I turned around to see my best-friend Hayley leaning against the wall with her arms folded across her chest. She walked over to me and pulled me into a quick embrace.

"Hey"

"Wow, look at you today. You look very pretty with your hair curled, you should do it like that more often Elena"

"Thanks Hayley"

"Come on let's go inside. Get to class early so we can sit down and talk for a bit"

"Okay let's go"

She dragged me into school and to our first period. We still had ten minutes before school actually started so we walked in and took our usual seats at the back of te classroom.

"We need to get you a boyfriend"

I looked up at her through my hair "What?" I squeaked. I'd never had a boyfriend before, I was too busy. Yeah I'd been on dates before but none of them ever lead to someone being my boyfriend.

"You heard me. We need to get you a boyfriend"

"Yeah I heard you. But why? Why do I need a boyfriend?"

She arched her eyebrow and looked at me. "Why? Because its our senior year and you have never had a boyfriend. It's time you had one"

"How am I going to get one exactly?"

"With my help of course" she smiled at me and wiggled her eyebrows playfully at me and I knew that she was going to get me a boyfriend before senior year was over.

The bell rang signalling the beginning of first period. Hayley hopped gracefully out of the seat next to me and walked to the desk in front and took her seat. Everyone piled in the classroom and took their seats. There was a guy stood at the front with Mr Flynn. "Be quiet class!!" his loud voice silencing everyone "This is Damon Smith. He's new here so please take good care of him. Mr Smith is there anything that you would like to say about yourself?"

Damon shook his head politely.

"Okay then. If you would please take a seat at the back with Elena" I looked up from my desk. Of course he would put him with me. I'm the only one with an empty seat next me.

"Okay"

Damon walked over to the empty seat next to me and sat down.

"Hi. I'm Damon" he smiled at me. His teeth were perfectly white and straight and he had the most beautiful pair of blue eyes.

"I'm Elena" I smiled back at him.