bonus chapter #2

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

"You ready?" She asked out of breath after climbing up the steps toward her childhood home. I snorted as she pretended to wipe the sweat off of her forehead. I pointed toward the one bag she was carrying and then pointed toward the five I was carrying.

"No baby, I think the question is— are you ready?" I rebutted, reaching out to poke my finger toward the doorbell. She quickly smacked my hand away.

"Are you crazy? There are a million children in that house. The last thing we need is to wake them up." She bitched as she gently pushed open the front door.

I furrowed my brows, "There are two babies–"

She cut me off, kicking her sandals to the side as I followed her footsteps. "You aren't counting my dad." She teased, swinging the bag in her hand. She waited for me to slide off my shoes but as she was swinging that bag, and I was looking down at my feet, my eyes caught something shiny.

I, of course, knew what it was. But every time that dainty little ring around her finger caught my stare, I couldn't help but not smile. She scoffed, pulling the hand back.

"Blaise." She said my name.

God and when she said my name, it was like every single memory of the two of us exploded in my mind. She simply overwhelmed me in every way possible. I just couldn't stare at her for too long and not feel like the luckiest person in the world.

I have now lived longer with her in my life than I had ever lived alone. When I was eight years old, she changed my life and now the rest is history. I get to spend forever with her. If someone were to ask me how I would feel bad having someone like her near me for the rest of my life– I would simply say it was like a dream.

She is a dream to me.

She's something I wish for.

She's something I hope for.

She's someone who I want to be with for the rest of my life even when I am asleep and dreaming.

I reached out and kissed her knuckle and ring finger. Her cheeks turned pink and so did the tops of her ears. "Quit it!" I kissed her hand again despite her resistance.