Chapter 45- The Unexpected

Whoa Baby

Chapter 45- The Unexpected

"Every new day is another chance to change your life."- Unknown

One Month Passes

"You slept here again?" I inquire, rubbing my eyes with my shoulder as I held the bottle in one hand and cradled Colton in the other, finding JC laying on the couch. One arm hanging over the sofa, his mouth partly open as he lays there motionless.

"I must have." He mumbles, rolling on the couch so he didn't face me to continue sleeping.

"I could have blown up an air mattress for you. You didn't have to sleep on the couch." I suggest to him. He didn't respond back, the only sound from him was his heavy breathing. "Well then, I guess you're not going to hear my thank you for feeding Colton in the middle of the night." I say still standing there as I looked down at the blue eyed beautiful baby in my arms. I can't believe I slept though that, that's never happened. Maybe he didn't cry last night and that's why I didn't wake up.

"Welcome." He replies back surprisingly in a husky mumbled voice. I chuckle, sitting at the end of the couch and turning on the TV.

"Do you have to work today?" I ask lastly before he completely fell asleep on me. Looking at the clock it was only quarter to eight, but I still thought I'd ask in case I have to wake him up again.

"No, I'm off." He utters, stretching out his legs and pushing his feet against my thighs. I roll my eyes, getting up from the sofa to sit on the empty one. "Didn't know that was you." He yawns, looking over when I moved.

"Sleep well?" I ask, jumping to new conversation.

"Ugh." He groans, laying on his back with his eyes closed. "At least we don't have to wake up every three hours to feed him." JC mentions, yawning toward the end of his sentence.

"We've come a long way." I agree. Looking down at Colton I tilt him up further so he wasn't so squished laying down. After I finished feeding Colton I laid him in his baby swing and went off to do my daily chores. If I'm staying home all day I might as well be doing something useful. I started with the laundry, separating the whites from the dark colors. I narrowed my eyes at a large plaid shirt that I knew didn't belong to my dad because one, it was too small. Two, my dad doesn't wear plaid shirts. Three, it was too big for SJ. Then I found the matching plain shirt that went with it. I swear if I find his underwear next...

I'm doing his laundry now? Really? What's next, moving into my room and into my bed? No!

I throw it all in the wash, then walk into the kitchen to grab the Windex and paper towels. "Is there a reason why I'm doing your laundry?" I ask walking into the living room, cleaning the TV.

"Because it was dirty." He mumbles, half asleep.

"Really? I wouldn't have known that's why they were in the dirty pile." I say sarcastically, moving on to cleaning the photo frames on the TV console. I cleaned every glass item on the first floor of the house, and dusted before throwing the wet clothes in the dryer. I almost had everything cleaned up on the first floor by the time JC really decided to wake up.

I really did feel like a house wife.

"Don't you have friends to hang out with? Or a friend I should say." I mention, checking up on Colton again in the living room.

"Yeah don't you have friends to hang out with?" He retorts back to me.

"Yeah, in a week when they come back from college." I tell him, feeling a little bit exited for that. Even though Miles, Emma, and Alice all came over a couple of weekends ago to surprise me, I was still looking forward to hopefully spending the whole week with them. I think Colton likes seeing new faces too.